Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mussels on the Egg

Options
Griffin
Griffin Posts: 8,200
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Last night we decided to go a non-traditional route and also to do something a little healthy on the Egg. The wife wanted mussels and what the wife wants, the wife gets.....mostly. :lol:

Looked around and didn't find a whole lot of info on how to do it....mainly how to set up the egg, what temp and time and all that. The wife already had a recipe, but sometimes going from a stove top to a grill, you aren't sure how to adjust. Settled on going 350 directly on the grate with my CI dutch oven

IMAG0100.jpg

After the egg came back up to 350, threw in some marinara sauce
IMAG0101.jpg

I let that get happy for awhile and in went the mussels
IMAG0102.jpg

Followed by some aspargus
IMAG0103.jpg

When all the mussels were good and happy, I pulled them off and added some french bread
IMAG0104.jpg

All plated up. We served the mussels up on some whole wheat (or did she say whole grain?) linguini.
IMAG0105.jpg

All in all, it was a great, quick weekday meal. Right before I threw the mussels in, I added a couple handfuls of mesquite and cherry wood chips and I think the mussels and the sauce took the smoke in nicely. Not too overpowering, but just a nice touch. I also couldn't tell much difference between the "healthy" pasta and regular pasta. I was very happy with the meal.

I've also decided that I am going to quit taking pictures on my HTC Evo and go back to using a real camera. I am not happy with the quality of the pics I have had lately.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

Comments