Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The Potato Wagon is motoring home

eenie meenie
eenie meenie Posts: 4,394
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
So sad to see the DianaQ and ClayQ's potato wagon pull out today. :(

IMG_6408.jpg

I fixed up some of Egret's special sourdough blueberry pancakes this morning. We had bill's caveman coffee, orange juice, pancakes, strawberries and blueberries, and maple syrup.

IMG_6492.jpg

I sent Clay off with some of Egret's famous sourdough starter.

IMG_6495.jpg

I was hoping Clay would foget his new imported French field easel. It's his new pride joy that he brought back from Florida! Here is the artist planning his first oil painting.

IMG_6498.jpg

Good bye Diana and Clay, I sure hope to see you roll up my driveway in your potato wagon one day real soon! :)

IMG_6499.jpg

When I have more time, I will post pics of 'my' new Clay BBQ table........and our dinner. :)

Comments

• lowercasebill
    lowercasebill Posts: 5,218
    you got another one to wear your apron B)
  • Chubby
    Chubby Posts: 2,955
    Looks like it was a fine morning!!

One thing though Rebecca;

Seeing Clay (in that red polkadot apron)...well, it's sort of unsetteling where I'm concerned!!

:woohoo: :woohoo:

If you get my drift...lmao!!!

:lol:

I should schedule another session right away..,before that image takes hold!!

:laugh:
    I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • Capt Frank
    Capt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Nice post Rebecca, Clay and Diane are super people. They do not live far from Mickey's daughter [Green Bay-Appleton] so we may see them this summer. I put Mickey on a plane to Cincy this morning, she is in dire need of a grandchild fix. :side: :silly:
    Congrats again on your table/egg. :woohoo: Glad to see you are home safe, see you this summer. :cheer:
  • vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Rebecca,

I thought Pat & I were special since we got to wear the apron, but it looks like you pass it along to anyone. (sorry Bill & Clay I know you guys are not just anyone :) )

At least I can take comfort in the fact that Pat and I were first...right??? :S :pinch: :)

JK of course. Clay & Diana are great folks and I know y'all had a great time...hope to see you at the GA Mtn Eggfest... :P
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    What a nice send off - and I agree those two people are the salt of the earth!

BTW you must have a professional gardener to have planted and maintain that many flowers!

Second BTW my hostas are spiking out of the ground so I gave them their first dose of stinky Liquid Fence yesterday. However one variety with a small cluster of leafs called a teacup I believe had one big "deer clomp" right out of the center! :angry:

Third and last BTW will you PLEASE now post pictures of your new table!!!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • eenie meenie
    Kim, you are VERY SPECIAL! Consider yourself an intrepid trailblazer! Because of you and Pat, everyone wants to wear a polka dot apron.

Although, when you wear you David apron, it takes my breath away. :whistle: :woohoo: :evil:
  • vidalia1
    I believe she lives on the Eenie Meenie estates & compound and has lots of worker bees keeping her garden well maintained....wow... :) :P :lol:
  • eenie meenie
    Ron, the daffodils cover part of the grounds of a beautiful estate. They even have an outdoor amphitheatre where they have bring in the Best Damn Band in the Land (Ohio State University, for the uninformed) to play concerts.

Too bad about the early hosta causalty. :( At least you don't stink. :laugh:

I'll be posting the table pics when I get time. I have a meeting this evening, so it will need to wait.
  • vidalia1
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Rebecca........ Sooooo if we bring a nice table can we stay in your place & get the Clay treatment & all....... Including your cooking. :woohoo:
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,676
    Kim, we've been replaced, just tossed to the side of the road, I feel used :( :blush: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • lowercasebill
    lowercasebill Posts: 5,218
    you have not been tossed aside. i think the anatomically correct aprons were a promotion.
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,676
    Hey bill,,, it was cold out :blush:
  • Serial Griller
    Serial Griller Posts: 1,186
    Rebecca,
    Love the pics and the naturalized daffodils.
    Go Bucks! Send Rain!We have had 30 fires here already.
  • This is such a nice post, Rebecca. It was very nice of them to deliver your table in person and it was very nice of you to cook dinner and breakfast for/with them. This shows what great people we have here on this forum. Group hug!
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • Chubby
    Chubby Posts: 2,955
    You're readin' my mind compadre'!!

:whistle:
    I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • eenie meenie
    Frank, sure wish you were in Cincinnati, you could have hopped on up for dinner. It was great to see you and the Mrs. at the Florida fest! :)
  • eenie meenie
    Absolutely Beli! You have a standing invitation. :)

Just remember, I might put you to work egging something. I sent Clay out to do the steaks.......then djhuff was giving him advice, then I came outside and put in my two cents worth. Poor Clay, egging steaks by committee. :laugh: They came out great. ;)
  • eenie meenie
    You might want to be replaced Pat :unsure: , but unfortunately, your one of my BBFL (Best Buds for Life)! :lol::lol::lol::kiss:
  • eenie meenie
    Jon, it's absolutely beautiful in Dayton this week. Perfect weather. So sorry to hear about the dought in Colorado. :( I suppose you're not allowed to egg. Bummers.
  • eenie meenie
    Great idea Faith, Group Hug!!!!!! :)
  • eenie meenie
    Chubby, I can't believe you!

You were in Indiana this past year and didn't stop by. :( You have a standing invitation Evans.
  • Capt Frank
    Capt Frank Posts: 2,578
    I will rake a raincheck :)
  • dhuffjr
    dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    I see you got the time figured out again ;)
    THAT is a wonderful view. Is that at the top of the terrace?

Thank you again for the opportunity to visit with you guys and meet Clay and Diana.
  • Serial Griller
    Serial Griller Posts: 1,186
    Hi Rebbecca,
    I love the spring time back there.
    Yep! No egging.Last year it was 42 days straight.This year were at 16 days in stage 2 f1re restrictions and it isn't even fire season yet! :( :angry:
    Enjoy those spring flowers.Have a great weekend!
  • Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Rebecca,

Thanks for inviting us to dinner at your beautiful Bed and Breakfast. Fantastic food and all the beer and wine I could drink... :woohoo: Sure was fun, you are a terrific egghead and a wonderful chef!!! Extra special was a house full of art, I'm inspired. ;)
    Will post some pictures when we finally get home.

Thanks again for your hospitality. :cheer: You're the best!
  • Clay Q
    Always good to meet a fellow egghead and glad you were able to take some time off to swing over and dine with Rebecca and us. Well I can see why, her cookin is fantastic!
    I might be competing this summer for the first time assisting a BBQ team at a sanctioned event. I'm excited. Hope to see you again and good luck in your compitions this year.
    Clay
    King of the smoke Ring
  • Clay Q
    Ron,
    As soon as I can I'll post pictures of my table in the table forum. We are not home yet but should be crossing the check point into Wisconsin later today, passports are in order so I hope no strip checks. :unsure: It's been a long drive but a good one. Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. Gee it's cold outside here in Illinois :S brrrrrr , I got accustomed to the 90 degree sunshine weather down in Florida. :laugh:
  • Clay Q
    It was wear the apron or clean dishes. I should have cleaned the dishes. :blush: Still hungover from the night before and my wee knoggin was a tad foggy. :blink:
    The dinner was fantastic, outrageous even, off the charts delicious. Breakfast just as good, sourdough pancakes with Maine blueberries. Will post some pic's when I get home.
    Sure was a lot of fun cooking with you at the fest. And the meet and greet was a hoot. Will send you the pic's not allowed on the forum. :ohmy:

What happens in Melborne stays in Melborne.