Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork chop w/ Hoover's sauce

Misippi Egger
Misippi Egger Posts: 5,095
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Tuesday I had planned to marinate some nice bone-in, rib pork chops in Hoover's sauce for a couple of hours, then slow smoke for supper. Just before lighting the Egg, daughter called and our grandson wanted to come over and get in Papaw's hot tub. So we met them for quick dinner and then hot tub.
Soooo... The chops marinated until last night (about 26 hrs).I was concerned about them being over marinated. Egg at 250* dome, elevated direct with 2 small chunks of pecan. Put a couple of halves of butternut squash on (DP Pineapplehead and little butter). Later added the chops and a liberal coating of Tsunami Spin (since Hoover's is a teriyaki-type sauce). When they reached 125* internal, I kicked the heat up and added split yellow and zucchini squash (EVOO & Shaking the Tree). Pulled at 140*, foiled and rested.
DSC_0392.jpg

DSC_0393.jpg

Plated - The Princess said "too many squashes", but the butternut tastes so much like sweet potatoes, I forget it's a squash.
DSC_0396.jpg

The chops turned out perfect, with a hint of the teriyaki flavor throughout the meat. Definitely on the 'rotation' now! :woohoo:

Comments