Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Daily Blog

Options
2»

Comments

• toquina
    toquina Posts: 94
    Options
    Hey everyone I have meant no harm by this blog. I guess the word subscribe was the wrong choice. Follow would probably have been more fitting there is no cost involved just a daily email with a new recipe. I am very passionate about the Big Green Egg and food in general. I am not holding recipes hostage just trying to create a little buzz about my new blog. Thanks
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Misippi Egger wrote:
    I would suggest if you want to host a blog on cooking, the first thing you should do is get a little better camera so your pictures are in focus and more appealing. The best recipe and plating can be less impressive if the pics are less than average.

Just sayin'

I figured somebody would mention this sooner. The pic quality is not there and is not really making me want to try any of your recipes.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    Yeah. Of course, our nesting will beseen by many as assitude too. Ah well

Food blogs are fine. If they are different and original and updated, they will survive
    But the notion that this place is a similar venue for some really creative food freaks is correct too. I think that Pat's comment was taken the wrong way by El Jefe. Irony is, though he says he's been here longer, perhaps his lack of interaction has made it so he isn't aware of the tone
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Egg Juju
    Egg Juju Posts: 658
    Options
    Welcome aboard and I have found that most everyone here is happy to share with those that are excited about the egg and cooking in general. In my opinion, it was the way you presented the blog. Many of us have them and we don't repeatedly post teasers and then say "subscribe to my blog." Just put a link in your sig, a watermark on your photos and folks here will find it if they are interested. Just my $0.02...
    Large and Small BGE * www.quelfood.com
  • Misippi Egger
    Misippi Egger Posts: 5,095
    Options
    Well said, CC. :)
  • toquina
    Options
    Thanks everyone
  • HungryMan
    HungryMan Posts: 3,470
    Options
    I was thinking of starting a blog. I just don't know how. :S
  • Roudy
    Roudy Posts: 431
    Options
    Just to add to the conversation, here's my contribution:

yourblog.jpg
  • Hungry Celeste
    Options
    (genuinely trying to be helpful here) It appears you're using a point & shoot digital camera without a macro setting...the photo quality would improve if you backed up a foot & then cropped the resulting photos in Picasa or other photo-editing software. Some of the blurring is probably related to low, indoor lighting: the sensor on an average point & shoot requires a long exposure time in low light, leading to the camera-shake blurring. So turn on all the lights in your kitchen or take those photos outside in brighter light. A piece of plain white foamboard (easily found at a craft store or WalMart) just out of camera range (or crop it out later) is very helpful as a cheap light reflector.

'Course, a better camera helps, too, but I get decent closeups out of a P&S Olympus with a dedicated macro shooting mode.

But the best photos in the world aren't gonna make me try the mustard-dipped chicken coated in crushed cheetos recipe. Sorry. Chacun a son gout.
  • toquina
    Options
    Thanks for your help with the camera currently just using my iPhone camera but I am looking into a better camera. Pictures aside the chicken is very tasty don't be scared of the color it turns out really moist and crispy on the outside.
  • El Jefe
    El Jefe Posts: 96
    Options
    One day, you'll be able to take pictures as good as Rick (RTD to the long-timers). Wait, they ran him off too. :laugh:
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    When someone runs away, it's usually their choice

Doors usually hit those on the backside who let the doors hit them
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • eenie meenie
    eenie meenie Posts: 4,394
    Options
    Adam, when did Pat's status change and why didn't anyone tell me? :huh: