Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Almost made BGE Headlines tonight...

Options
TheLazyC
TheLazyC Posts: 97
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I was pulling my XL BGE in the next back in to my shop when I got to the ramp coming into the garage door I had to transition from grass to cement, it didn't want to make the trip, so I gave it a little jerk to try and get it up on the ramp and pulled the top with the bottom ring in tack clean off the BGE and it fell off and bent the ring and I said a bunch of choice words as I thought my BGE was a gonner, but I managed to put it all back together and tighten both rings up.

I need to get my table built...

Comments

• elzbth
    elzbth Posts: 2,075
    Options
    That's a feeling I never want to experience - and you DO NOT want to have that feeling ever again, I'm sure. You absolutely, positively, without delay - must build that table!!!! Glad it worked out for you, but you gotta build the table.... :woohoo: ;)
  • WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    You need to pull it by the nest...not the "rings" which are the "bands" or the handle, or the hinge...you got lucky this time..
  • TheLazyC
    TheLazyC Posts: 97
    Options
    Lesson learned, at least I did PULL it. I read that somewhere, do not push!

Also, bolts had got loose, they must be like lug nuts on my trailer! They were tight and the one that did not come off was not tight when I checked it.
  • ShedFarm
    ShedFarm Posts: 499
    Options
    I'm so glad you lucked out on what could have been a very, very bad moment in your egg history.

Definitely get that table built as soon as you can!
    BJ (Powhatan, VA)