Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First Cook- smoked fatties- pic heavy-

PineTree
PineTree Posts: 53
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Smoked a few fatties-on a large- just burger with cheese, onion, jalepeno and potato- wrapped in bacon, smoked with applewood chips. Oh and one lonely slice of bacon was left after the rolling- and a lonely jalepeno, we made two poppers with a piece of string cheese.

Turned out good- no leftovers- other than the salad we didn't even open.
Believe it or not this will be our job... we are a new dealer in the lower "thumb" of Michigan. And a good job it will be! :woohoo:

BTW Thanks to all for the great information in the forum and thanks for the ideas- couldn't wait to try the fattie- it just had to be first. Looking forward to showing off more food and soon. :kiss:

Next time I will try to calm down and remember to Macro the close up pics haha

HPIM2283smst.jpg
HPIM2284smst.jpg
HPIM2285smst.jpg
HPIM2286smst.jpg
HPIM2287smst.jpg
HPIM2287smst-1.jpg
HPIM2288smst.jpg
HPIM2282smst.jpg

Comments

• bees
    bees Posts: 335
    Congrats on your dealership! What type of store do you have and what else do you sell? The fatties look good. Good luck, Randy
  • Jer_inva
    Jer_inva Posts: 109
    Looking good. My only comment is if you are mixing up the fatties in the store then you might consider wearing food prep gloves on the hands just in case a customer happens to notice you making food bare handed and with a cell phone in easy reach. They might have a few health concerns. Just my .02. Jer
  • Jer_inva
    Jer_inva Posts: 109
    Looking good. My only comment is if you are mixing up the fatties in the store then you might consider wearing food prep gloves on the hands just in case a customer happens to notice you making food bare handed and with a cell phone in easy reach. They might have a few health concerns. Just my .02. Jer
  • PineTree
    We sell, service and install furnaces, central air and fireplaces and now Big Green Egg. We have sold grills in the past, they keep selling out to the big box stores. That is one good thing about the Egg- they refuse to cheapen up the product and lose the good name. And they are amazing...
  • PineTree
    That was our own lunch. We did have a customer come in about the time we were cutting them up though- he forgot his question about the time he saw them too. The guys weren't gonna share. If we share we will definitely have much different precautions.
  • EGGRPh
    EGGRPh Posts: 180
    Where in the thumb area? I'm orignally from Ann Arbor. Now I live in Brunswick, Ohio. Have a lot of high school friends still in AA.

Stef, Brunswick, Ohio
  • E-ville Egg
    E-ville Egg Posts: 100
    Where indeed? I am originally from Essesxville/Bay City and am moving back to MI in about a year. I'll be in the Thumb this summer for a few weddings and would love to swing by and see your set up.
  • PineTree
    Lapeer to be exact, I-69/M-24 Between Port Huron and Flint, approx 30 mi N of Detroit
  • PineTree
    and about 50ish miles from Bay City/Essexville
    Correction from earlier post- I think we are closer to 50 ish from Detroit too.

We LOVE the Saginaw Bay- the owner has a cottage in Pinconning and my parents live in Caseville.

How long has it been since you have been "home"? Have you been to the Cheeseburger in Caseville?
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Looks grate and grate to have another dealer on board.

Did I see a package of brats? What happened to those?

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• PineTree
    =) LOL We saw how big we made the fatties were and ditched them into the fridge for later use. (Probably Friday lunch) I tried to explain that I have read in the forum that we needed to mix it in to the burger but they were not going for it, they will be converted, when I get the chance, I know it can only get better.