Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Almost finished

Wooly Swampman
Wooly Swampman Posts: 79
edited November -1 in EGG Table Forum
Now I have to wait for my granite to get back from the shop. Red oak sure is hard to work with but is sure is sturdy. Thanks for the plans Whiz. They out worked great.

almost.jpg

finished.jpg

Then I need to borrow a crane from someone to get my egg in its new home.

-WSM

Comments

• I am also trying to find some nice hooks. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to find some that are not from lowes or HD. Trying to find some stainless or something a little more unique.

-WSM
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Nice looking table! For hooks, you could try http://www.ballandball-us.com/ out of PA. They make antique reproduction hardware, if that would suit your needs, and have a selection of both brass and iron hooks. They are reputed to do nice work, but I've never seen their stuff. Been around since the 30's.

Make sure you keep a good coat of finish on that red oak. I don't think it much likes weather - unless it's still a tree. :)

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• CaptDave
    CaptDave Posts: 54
    Table looks great, nice clean lines. Congrats!
  • It has 3 coats of semi gloss spar urethane and 2 coats of gloss. I hope that is enough to keep it preseved.
  • TRPIV
    TRPIV Posts: 278
    Looks really nice. Congratulations on the project. How long did it take for the granite to get cut? Thinking about adding granite on mine as well, but can't decide if I want to wait. ;)

Which hooks did you decide on?