Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sunshine State Eggfest

Options
snake701uk
snake701uk Posts: 187
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I would just like to thank everybody who organized the Sunshine State Eggfest. It was a great experience. I learnt so much. It opens up all new horizons. Some of those sweets were amazing. I would like to thank all the people that encouraged me to be there, especially Bubba Tim. It was great to meet the people that are on the forum, it is always good to put a face to a name.
We are still in Juarez Mexico (bit different to Melbourne). I will be back in Italy over the weekend. First things I will buy are a blowtorch and 2 lbs of bananas!
Will write more then. Andy

Comments

• loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    Did anyone get a pic of you so we can put a mug to your handle on the forum?

Glad you could make a fest!
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • Judy Mayberry
    Judy Mayberry Posts: 2,015
    Options
    Andy:

It was so nice meeting you and your companion. Please share your efforts with us and send lots of pictures.

I've been to Italy several times. Where are you located, and how long will you be there?
    Judy in San Diego
  • snake701uk
    Options
    It was good to meet you too Judy. I live in Italy in Alessandria. We are working in Mexico. Chat soon.
  • snake701uk
    Options
    When I get home I will post some pics, when I can get my head around it. Also of the bananas, they were so good and easy to do!
  • Little Chef
    Little Chef Posts: 4,725
    Options
    Andy: I am SOOO disappointed I didn't get to meet you!! :( I was really looking forward to it! Very glad you were able to make the jouney! Hope it was well worth it for you! Safe travels home, and looking forward to your posts! Thanks for attending, and hope you enjoyed the entire experience.
  • bubba tim
    bubba tim Posts: 3,216
    Options
    Andy, I am so glad you and your buddy made it to the fest. It was nice to put a face behind all those emails. I wish you great success in your cooking on the BGE and look forward to seeing you at next year's fest.... :woohoo: :woohoo:
    SEE YOU IN FLORIDA, March 14th and 15th 2014 http://www.sunshinestateeggfest.com You must master temp, smoke, and time to achive moisture, taste, and texture! Visit www.bubbatim.com for BRISKET HELP
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    It was wonderful meeting you also Andy! it is always nice to put a face to a fellow egger. safe travels and see you another fest soon I hope! Julie
  • Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    Andy, I am so sorry that I didn't get to meet you. I'm glad you had a nice time, and hopefully we can meet at another fest sometime. I will look forward to seeing some pics from your trip. Wishing you safe travels.
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • HungryMan
    HungryMan Posts: 3,470
    Options
    Good meeting you also.
  • eenie meenie
    eenie meenie Posts: 4,394
    Options
    Andy, where were you hiding?????

Next year you've got to cook with us.
  • snake701uk
    Options
    You were so busy when I was close by. LOL. Next time. My friend was enthusiastic how you cut those chickens. Thanks for all your hard work. Take care. Andy
  • Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Options
    Enjoyed meeting you Andy! Looking forward to next time we cross paths.