Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Best wishes to ClayQ

Options
FlaPoolman
FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
He is on his way to deliver the table to eenie meenie while a tornado ripped through his neighborhood. Early report is the house seems fine but he lost quite a few trees and is anxious to get home to check it out in person.

Comments

• lowercasebill
    lowercasebill Posts: 5,218
    Options
    Clay and Diana are 2 of the nicest people i do hope that the home front is not to much of a disaster..given that it is not,,,, i am guessing Clay will find a use for the wood ;) . He is truely a talented artist and craftsman both.
  • Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    Sorry to hear that, Pat. I hope everything else is OK when they get back.
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • Capt Frank
    Capt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Options
    Last year they encountered a rock slide in the Smokies on their way to the fest, now this at home. We hope there is no serious damage. ;)
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,896
    Options
    Ooooh boy! Bad news, but if their home is OK at least that's good news. I bet that Subaru with attached potato wagon is flying low. I further bet it's a shame that they will have to deliver and scoot as Rebecca was probably going to egg them something nice for their effort of delivering her prize.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    Hoping for the best for him and that the trees didn't hit anything. Will be watching for an update.

Regards,
    Bordello
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    wow hope all is OK. maybe the delivery was a good thing and delayed them so they were not in the middle of it. hope we only hear good things.
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    What a BUMMER! :( Hope everything turns out O.K. for him.
  • eenie meenie
    eenie meenie Posts: 4,394
    Options
    Oh Pat, that is terrible news :( ........and isn't it just like Clay to not share this bad news with me when I spoke to him this afternoon. All he said is that he would be in Dayton on Weds instead of Thursday. Now I know why they left early.

Rest assured we will egg a fabulous meal, I'm prepping some things now. They will be spending the night and I plan to send them off with a breakfast of Egret's blueberry sourdough pancakes! I can't wait for them to arrive.
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    Rebecca, I called him this afternoon and wanted to take them down to the inlet, one of the best fishing areas around, but they were already in South Carolina.