Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

menu suggestion?

Options
PattyO
PattyO Posts: 883
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am having a table made for my medium and mini. The contractor's wife is very interested in the egg so I told her we'll have a dinner party. Now, I would like to show off the versatility and having only two guests and myself to serve, what would you suggest, from soup to nuts? One thought is pulled pork slider for appetizer with maybe a few ABTs which are forum favorites. I'll take all suggestions.
Thank you.

Comments

• gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Options
    Here's something I did not long ago, that I thought was a handy combo. Got some pre-made frozen bread rolls. Defrosted as instructed. Pre-heated Egg to 350 with pizza stone at elevated level. While baking bread, made sausage patties. When bread was done, and cooling, removed the stone, and quick cooked the 'burgers. Bread was still nice and warm when the patties were done. Very tasty.
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Options
    Patty, Congrats on the new table. :cheer:
    Chicken is always great on the egg. ABT, or mini meatballs are always a good as appetizers. Giada has a no cook tomato pasta recipe, Pasta alla Formiana, that really is good. (I don’t have the link, but should be searchable on the Food Network. :blush: )
    Peach encilladas were a dessert favorite at Salado. Here is the recipe link: http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=1066972&catid=1
    Whatever you decide will be a winner.
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • lowercasebill
    lowercasebill Posts: 5,218
    Options
    grilled shrimp and smoked mussles done ahead with a selection of dips [cocktail, remoulade, horesradish cream and or mustard]

cream of roasted red pepper soup

roast whole chicken [ always introdce them to the egg with chicken.. they are all used to dried out chicken then they see how moist and tender it is they will be sold]

crash hot litle red bliss taters dusted with biguns new rub me raw rub.. [ i put that on the salad and it 'worked'

grilled rommaine.

grilled pineapple,with pinapple head rub, sauced with brown sugar dark rum suace and maybe some vanilla ice cream
  • Mr. & Mrs Potatohead
    Options
    Patty O:
    I have to agree that chicken would be hard to beat. If I were going to do that I would do a seasoned spatch or do a whole lemon pepper chick stuffed with lemons, sage and thyme. This was a real hit the last go-round, here in the big woods!
    But, I also love to do pork and a hot, fast tenderloin with baked potatoes and grilled asparagus.... :woohoo: I have a couple killer marinades I do with tenderloins and I'll share if you wish.
    As for appetizers: ABT's (or some sort of stuffed jalapeno) always go well here. But, this may be determined by the crowd. Do they like hot peppers?
    Something I did for a New Years bash and have kept on doing all winter, are skewers of small sweet peppers, hot peppers, mushrooms, onion wedges, cherry tomatoes, pineapple....
    And you can even throw in some sliced sausage!
    Toss the veggies with olive oil and season with your favorite.
    Grill them up to just browning and serve the skewer or pull them to a platter and let the guests pick. These too are a hit ;)
  • EmandM'sDad
    EmandM'sDad Posts: 648
    Options
    Patty,
    The apple dumplings from

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2008/02/apple_dumplings/

are always a big hit. Really easy on the egg!!!
  • Le Oeuf Vert
    Options
    Can't seem to remember where I was but last Saturday I had some kind of caramelized onion tart thingy that was very good. ;):whistle: