Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

butterly pork chops....kinda dry

mollyshark
mollyshark Posts: 1,519
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I need some good ideas here. I like to do butterfly pork chops on my mini. Very little waste, etc. But despite trying them at high temps, low temps, and char-crust, they still come out a little high. Been going to 160 on the Polder. My regular thicker-cut pork chops with a bone come out scrumptious. Any ideas on what to do with these butterflys (flies?) that might help?

Comments

• mollyshark
    mollyshark Posts: 1,519
    MollyShark,
    DRY...not high! They come out DRY! What's the matter with you, girl? Drink that coffee! (come out high...snort...wishful thinking).

• Cat
    Cat Posts: 556
    MollyShark,[p]Try cooking them to no more than 145 on the Polder (trichinae die at 138 so this is safe). They'll be slightly pink inside & somewhat juicier.[p]Modern pork is so lean that even the above yields dry results for me. Brining makes a huge difference, just as it does for chicken.[p]Cathy
  • Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Cat, Atta Girl..on the money!!
    C~W

• J Appledog
    J Appledog Posts: 1,046
    MollyShark,[p]I almost hate to admit this, but my favorite way to do chops on the mini is to rub some jerk on them (house brand, of course), coat them with Shake 'n Bake and grill them indirect at 350. [p]The little Weber pans that are designed to catch grease from a gas grill fit the mini. [p]Julie
  • HELP. I HEARD ABOUT THESE EGGS FROM PEOPLE WHO LIVED IN GA. HOW MUCH DO THEY COST ROUGHLY???

• Porkemon
    Porkemon Posts: 4
    BERNADETTE,
    Although they appear to cost way too much they are worth every penny. They cost considerably less than a fancy Weber gas grill and will do much much more. They cost way more than a Brinkman bullet which,although it has it's merits, will seem a sad little cooker once you have an Egg.

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    BERNADETTE, hya Ms.Bernadette, and ya gotta get off the cap keys..your enthusiasm is being heard..:-) Try the dealer locator at the top of the page here. The prices vary a bit from dealer to dealer. Work on em for a deal..Cheers and good luck.. If you have too..BGE is a phone call away at
    1-800-939-EGGS
    Char-Woody