Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Low and slow pork chops

Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,075
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Shitake mushrooms sprayed with olive oil and Tony Chachere's creole(Out of salt)

DSC_0047-3.jpg

Salad ingredients

DSC_0052-1.jpg

The grilled shrooms sliced

DSC_0051-1.jpg

Thick cut chops on at 250*

DSC_0048-3.jpg

Dinner

DSC_0056-2.jpg

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·

Comments

• HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    Whoodathunkit? DELISHIOUS looking meal friend!
    ·
  • 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    Steven, Mighty fine looking chops and veggies... :P

I have never low temp cooked thick chops. :)
    ·
  • Wow, I really have to stop perusing this forum after dinner. I get hungry all over again.

Good looking meal!
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,045
    That last guy is correct: not good to look at after dinner.....
    Nice....
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • JLOCKHART29JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Tony's out of salt!! I haven't used a salt shaker in 25 years! :laugh: Great looking plate Steve.I wanted to Egg today but had Dentist, packing for Oklahoma and sharpening knifes left no time.
    ·
  • AvocadosAvocados Posts: 465
    That is a mighty fine looking meal there Steve!!!

Much better than the sandwich I picked at a Subway along the highway on my way home from Florida today... :(
    ·
  • Mr HollowayMr Holloway Posts: 2,034
    Looks good Steve
    Nice plated pic :)

Shane
    ·
  • Egg JujuEgg Juju Posts: 658
    A pork chop is a wonderful thing... yours looks delicious! Salad looks real fresh and delicious too.
    Large and Small BGE * www.quelfood.com
    ·
  • RipnemRipnem Posts: 5,511
    Steve,

You're not proving a point with these are ya? :P I did a couple similar to those for Brian and I a while back at 325º with apple wood. They had soo much more flavor than a hot cooked chop and juicy as any.

Also, regarding your salt sitchy, I just picked up this book and have been collecting salts ever since. ;) It's a great book that will get you trying new salts and wowing your tongue.

http://www.amazon.com/Salted-Manifesto-Essential-Mineral-Recipes/dp/1580082629/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1302614311&sr=1-1
    ·
  • beesbees Posts: 335
    Makes my mouth water,how long did it take? Thanks for sharing, Randy
    ·
  • CheloChelo Posts: 22
    Looks Great, I have to try that soon!!!

For how long you cooked the chops, what’s the internal temperature needed
    ·
  • mikeb6109mikeb6109 Posts: 2,067
    as usual great looking meal. plating is real nice as well,i need to start cooking a bit more again,but i did do a brisket saturday night.
    ·