Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Ever make your own Jucy Lucys?

smokeybreezesmokeybreeze Posts: 88
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Here's an example of how I've done it:

Start with some large diameter thin 85/15 beef patties (2 required for each Jucy Lucy). Add salt and pepper. Add sauted mushrooms and onions. Add shredded cheese (this was colby/jack). Seal the innards between the two burgers (seal them good so the cheese stays inside as it melts).

Grilling these on a normal grate is NOT recommended since they are a bit fragile when you first flip them. Try grilling them on a pizza mesh or similarly small-spaced-opening surface.

Enjoy

img_3409a.jpg

img_3410a.jpg

img_3411a.jpg

img_3412a.jpg

img_3413a.jpg

img_3414a.jpg

img_3417a.jpg

img_3419a.jpg
·

Comments

• gosh darnit, looking at the preview, editing then submitting submitted two new posts. Please ignore one.

Mea Culpa
    ·
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    Just click on your post and edit it to say no message in the subject line and the message. ;)
    ·
  • Richard FlRichard Fl Posts: 7,779
  • BBQThomBBQThom Posts: 33
    We made em cheese running all over our chins
    "more napkins please"
    A treat
    ·
  • WingRiderWingRider Posts: 326
    mmmmmmm you are making me hooongry :laugh: with all of that great looking food :woohoo:
    ·
  • ranger rayranger ray Posts: 812
    oh baby! what a great idea....... the ice has finally melted today////// i'm inspired! thanks! rr
    ·
  • RipnemRipnem Posts: 5,511
    Lots and lots of times. B)

http://minneapolis.about.com/od/foodanddrink/tp/juicylucy.htm
    If you are ever in the area Matt's burgers are WAY better than the 5-8. I'm about 20 minutes from both of them.

21efd466.jpg
    This one had Habanero jack and american cheese for a good ooz factor.

Also never had a problem cooking them direct.
    05a7f000.jpg
    ·
  • Grandpas GrubGrandpas Grub Posts: 14,226

It's been a long time since I have seen a post about Juicy Lucy's.

Those look pretty dang good.

GG
    ·
  • MACMAC Posts: 442
    Just a thought. If you use a little egg wash around the sides they will stick real good.
    ·
  • Outside of the Two Originals, The Blue Door Pub in St Paul also makes some amazing "Blucys". Also the Buffalo Tap in Savage makes some good Lucys as well
    ·
  • I'm 12 miles south of Matt's and
    I'm 11 miles south of a 5-8 Club

I have yet to try the Jucy Lucy (Matt's) or the Juicy Lucy (5-8 Club). I'd hate to be disappointed after eating my own creations. :P
    ·