Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Georgia Mountain Eggfest

egretegret Posts: 4,037
edited 5:17PM in EggHead Forum
I just got a note from the host hotel manager and she only has 10 rooms left for Friday night, May 20th. So, those of you on the fence you better decide soon. I do know the Ridges Resort and Brasstown Valley Resort are also filled up that weekend. I need some more cooks!! I'm buying some additional things to cook and we're having a bunch of stuff donated by the supplier of the food items for the fair events and shows. The last I heard Kris Kristofferson is playing at the Music Hall at the fairgrounds May 21st if anyone is interested in seeing that show.......

• Jupiter JimJupiter Jim Posts: 1,786
    Hey John,
    Are ya home safe and sound?
    Where do I send the recipe for KayNOcooks Easy Apple Cake from the FL Fest?
    Gator Boy :)
    I'm only hungry when I'm awake!
  • FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,670
    Really wish I could make it up there John but I know it's gonna be a great one as long as Joan can keep you in line :evil: enjoyed seeing you both
  • eenie meenieeenie meenie Posts: 4,392
    Egret, you've got mail.

I'm going to attend and will certainly cook! :)

I just sent you my Florida Sunshine fest recipes.

Yipeeeeeeeee. Here I come Georgia! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    Georgia will never be the same :whistle: :laugh:
    Pssst....please don't warn their Chamber of Commerce.
  • AvocadosAvocados Posts: 465
    OMG... There goes the neighborhood :blink:
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    Be careful down there Rebecca.Those Georgia folks cook up some strange vittles!!! :ohmy: :laugh: :)
    Barry, you be sure to treat her the way she treats us,,, throw stuff at her then dump salt all over her :huh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • AvocadosAvocados Posts: 465
    And she did not close out the after party this time either!!
    Hoos, if they only cook just 1/100th as well as Egret I'll be feasting on some mightly fine vittles. :)

I think now that I've eaten scrapple, I can tolerate just about anything. :S
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    :laugh: ;) I'm with ya on that one! :)
  • HicHic Posts: 350
    Only smoking rooms available @ the Ramada. Wifey won't stay in one of those :(

Large, medium, small and a mini. Egg'n, golfing, beer drinking, camping and following football and baseball.
    Atlanta NOTP suburbia.

• egretegret Posts: 4,037
    There may be some that open up near fest time. You can also stay at the Holiday Inn Express which is about one mile from the fest. Check it out :

• FidelFidel Posts: 10,171
    I cook 1/100th as good as Egret ;)
  • lowercasebilllowercasebill Posts: 5,218
    i heard that and the hairy bastard one as well