Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Duals

hizzonerhizzoner Posts: 182
edited 3:25PM in EggHead Forum
I've been running a large for a couple of years now. I've got a major backyard renovation going on right now and am building a pool that has an attached, sunken, outdoor kitchen. I often run out of room on my large and am considering adding a second large Egg to accomodate. I'm usre it's been done. I would love to see pictures and here suggestions.
·

Comments

• hizzonerhizzoner Posts: 182
    I ran out of room tonight for the appetizers (stuffed mushrooms) and had to put them in the oven.

208364_1325896603135_1702518334_578100_2972964_n.jpg
    ·
  • Mike in AbitaMike in Abita Posts: 3,302
    You'll get a lot of inspiration from these. Good luck with the build.

http://www.nakedwhiz.com/TableGallery/tables.htm
    ·
  • SSN686SSN686 Posts: 2,970
    Morning hizzoner:

Here is my set up with two large Eggs (plus a mini Egg & small Egg)...
    P4050902.jpg

It is nice having extra cooking room!

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

·
    I'm considering having two larges........I'm thinking of placing them side by side. You agree?
    ·
    Morning hizzoner:

I really like having them side by side with plenty of counter space on each side...that way I can stand between them if I need to be working on each one at the same time (any time I can save a few steps I will :laugh: :laugh: )

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

·
  • LitLit Posts: 3,826
    Having 2 larges is nice. I say keep them close so all the smoke is the same place. I just recently got my 2nd large but have a medium, small, and mini also. Its hard to breathe in an area where several aggs are cooking and you are trying to prep food. Maybe a sink between the prep area and the egg would be nice?
    ·
  • 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    I have two large eggs. There is only the two of us but, we have friends over and love to use both eggs. I have one AR setup with wok and spider. I also have the plate setter and CyberQ II...I can be smoking something then go grill on the other... ;)

I have one egg in a table and one in a nest. I can move them around if I need to. You will love being able to move eggcessories from one egg to another. I like the egg in the nest and a handler bolted to it and a table beside it. I love my two large egg setup. ;)
    ·
  • fire eggerfire egger Posts: 1,124
    I've got two Larges, and it works very well for us. eggcessories, cookware, etc all wok on both eggs.
    I have mine in one table, right outside the ODK, still close to the workspace, but the smoke stays out, they are in a wheeled table, when the weather is really bad, I can pull them in.
    good luck with your ODK
    DSC00150.jpg
    DSC00211.jpg
    ·
  • BordelloBordello Posts: 5,926
    That is on fine cooking area, I can see you're enjoying life. :laugh:

Regards,
    Bordello
    ·
  • BordelloBordello Posts: 5,926
    Another fine looking cooking area, way to go. It's great to see what you Egger's have done to enjoy your outdoor cooking. :)

Cheers,
    Bordelllo
    ·
  • RRPRRP Posts: 15,558
    Nice outside structure - curious about the heavy duty wagon with rocks - unusual design with the protected wheels or are those wagon sides merely let down?
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    ·
    Thanks, thats a Lowe's special, the sides are down. it is actually a handy little cart, the pic was taken while we were still landscaping.
    ·
    Thanks Bordello, we enjoy being outside
    ·
  • AngelaAngela Posts: 461
    Our 2 larges aren't built in, we have the first one in the nest and the second one is in a table. At some point I would love to have them built in though.
    ·
  • AngelaAngela Posts: 461
    Do you have glass or screen over the top? I like having plenty of sun and light shining in but with 60+ inches of year a waterproof covered area is really needed.
    ·
    This is the current plan for the kitchen and pool

STEVE_BARRETT_POOL4_001.jpg

This is the inside of the kitchen (sorry, red is a close as it gets for an Egg with this software)
    STEVE_BARRETT_POOL4_008.jpg
    STEVE_BARRETT_POOL4_009.jpg
    ·
    Morning Angela:

It is screen...similar to a pool enclosure...we get our share of rain here in Florida, but those evenings are when we eat leftover egged food :laugh:

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

·