Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tomatoe dish from after party

Options
Mainegg
Mainegg Posts: 7,787
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Roasted Grape Tomatoes

2 pt's grape tomatoes, you can use cherry but more juicy
1/4 c EVO
1 head of garlic, crushed
1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
1/2 cup chopped FRESH basil

mix evo and garlic and let sit for at least 30 minutes to infuse the flavor. I mix it right in a 10 or 12 inch cast iron pan and then add the tomatoes. cook at 350 - 375 until the tomatoes start to burst. When about half popped remove and let cool slightly, about 10 to 15 minutes.
While they are cooling chop the basil leaves and toss with the crumbled feta.
add to the tomatoes and stir very gently.
At the after party I served with sliced baguette. our favorite is fresh focaccia bread or pita bread. but even crackers are good!
You can turn this into a great side dish by adding a cup or two of fresh cooked couscous or any very small pasta. great hot or cold. if you are doing cold, cook the tomatoes and let cool and then refrigerate at that point. Just before serving add the basil, cheese and pasta and toss lightly
IMAG0114.jpg
the basket as we headed to the after party.. the jug is full of 'ritas. or it was when we started prepping the tomatoes LOL we had to have a couple
194431_1746532435610_1607782026_1682234_7760646_o.jpg
from dinner a while back mixed with the couscous. I sliced some of the garlic and crushed some in this dish.

Comments