Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sunshine Fest Committee shout out

Options
PattyO
PattyO Posts: 883
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Thank you to the Sunshine Fest committee. What a wonderful weekend at a sensational venue. Everything was perfect. It was great making new best friends and seeing old best friends. Lots of giveaways and prizes. And food galore. Such an array and assortment.
Thank you all very much. If I named names I'm afraid I'd miss someone. You know who you are, give yourselves a hand and pat yourself on the back.
I'll be back for sure.

Comments

• Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    It was great to put another face to an egg head from the forum :) nice meeting you Patty and they do a great job for sure!
  • Pork Butt Mike
    Pork Butt Mike Posts: 2,584
    Options
    Patty it was great meeting you finaly. We are so happy you had a good time. Thanks for the kind words. ;)
  • eenie meenie
    eenie meenie Posts: 4,394
    Options
    Patty, it was great seeing you again and cooking with you. :) I couldn't help but notice the Pissaladière you made being immediately snarfed from the table!
  • Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    Options
    Patty,
    Thanks for taking the time to come and party with us here in beautiful south Florida. Glad you are home safe and sound. Looking forward to seeing you at another fest soon. Like next year at the Sunshine State Eggfest.
    Gator Boy AKA Jupiter Jim

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• MCR
    MCR Posts: 270
    Options
    I would to echo Patty's comments to thanks everyone. Job well done! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Location, food, friendship, knowledge, the organization, everything was simply GREAT!

Thanks again,
    Marc
  • egret
    egret Posts: 4,170
    Options
    It was one of the best fests I've been to regarding smooth operation and physical layout. The layout this year was excellent with plenty of room for the cooks and tasters alike. Well done all you organizers. I'd be a little remiss if I didn't mention the super good web site Pork Butt Mike created. It's a very complicated yet very user friendly site. I paid a lot of attention to it this year due to our fest coming up and I advised my web developer, if he wanted to create a spectacular web site, to follow the example of the Sunshine State site.......Excellent job, Mike! :)
  • PattyO
    PattyO Posts: 883
    Options
    And thank you Rebecca for allowing me to be part of Team Eeenie. Yes, the onion tarte did move even with all the squawking about those "hairy bastards". Anchovies for those who didn't hear the commotion.
  • eenie meenie
    eenie meenie Posts: 4,394
    Options
    When you mentioned "hairy bastards", I thought you meant that Iron Egg Sous chef in the polka dot apron with hirsutism. :woohoo:

You can't say I didn't warn you that many might be adverse to the anchovies. So much for unami.
  • Avocados
    Avocados Posts: 465
    Options
    Just got back home and also want to thank the organizers, volunteers, and all the other cooks for such a fun weekend and a most excellent event!!

It was nice meeting you Patty-O and I'll bet my room still has that lovely caramelized onion aroma.... :laugh:
  • Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    It was nice to see you again, Patty. You are right, it was a great, well organized event. Great job on your cooks with Rebecca, too.
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    Marc, it was nice to meet you Saturday night. You are a very enthusiastic egger and I am glad you got to attend our FL fest.
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • Little Chef
    Little Chef Posts: 4,725
    Options
    PattyO: Can't thank you enough for coming, and so glad you enjoyed! It was wonderful to meet you, and I must say, sorry I didn't have more time to socialize!! Looking forward to seeing you again, soon! (mini Fest?? :whistle: ) Thanks again for your support!