Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Rudy's Rub and Sause-TX

Options
TNmike
TNmike Posts: 643
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I've been in the Houston, TX area for work and took a friend of mine out to dinner. He's not an egghead but does like to grill and smoke and knew I like to do the same so he gave me some rub and sause he likes to use. It's Rudy's from New Braunfels, TX he said it had a little 'bite' to it. Has anyone ever used them before? Can't wait to get home and try it. Mike

DSC01416.jpg

Comments

• Slotmercenary
    Slotmercenary Posts: 1,071
    Options
    Greetings,
    We have two of their stores here in ABQ. They turn out an awesome X-Lean brisket and smoked turkey breast. I don't particularly care for their ribs or primerib but they have a consistent product. The "bite" is noticeable between that and their "sissy" sause but I use it on a regular basis and eat there a couple times a month.
    Now if you are looking for "bite" we can fix you up here in NM....
  • XLegglover
    Options
    My manager has used it, and LOVES IT!! He actually has people bring it back to IOWA when they are in TX and can get over to that area. I have tried some of his brisket with it, and yummmmmmyyy. Be carefull the choice of meat you put it on, might be overpowering. I think beef is what I personally would stick with when using it.
  • DAC2
    DAC2 Posts: 66
    Options
    I use both all the time. Both are great products!!Enjoy
  • TNmike
    Options
    I think he thought that being from TN I might not be used to sauses with a 'bite'and was giving me a warning. I can handle it pretty well but do have a limitation factor that might be a little lower than average in your area. :)
  • TNmike
    Options
    Thanks, I was wondering what it would go best with.
  • TNmike
    Options
    Thanks for the info. I allways like trying rubs and sauses from different regions. I'll have to give it a try when I get home this weekend. I see they have a web site and it can be ordered online. Mike
  • Frank from Houma
    Options
    Been to Rudy's a few times in Corpus but don't think I have tried their sauce.

They have a creamed corn recipe that is outstanding. Here it is:
    http://www.food.com/recipe/rudys-creamed-corn-317495
  • TNmike
    Options
    Thanks Frank. I love creamed corn and that one looks good and easy. Mike
  • rndmtj
    rndmtj Posts: 1
    Options
    I love Rudy's BBQ.
    Good thing its only 10 minutes from my place.

I have yet to use the Rub but I can tell you the sauce is amazing.

-TJ
  • thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    dsc03167aL.jpg

Hmmm, they've gone to longneck bottles 'eh? I've used Rudy's Rub and Sause for years. It's actually the only store-bought sauce I'm not afraid to serve without tweaking, or thinning out. It puts the "B" in my burnt ends. Heheheeee. I actually met Doc about 7 or 8 years ago (before the franchise deal went down), he was quite the gentleman.

ccb419b3.jpg
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • Lester7009
    Options
    Retired from Corpus Christi, 4 years agao . Where in Corpus is Rudy,s, want to go there
    Thanks
  • Lester7009
    Options
    New Braunfels, TX. is where I tryes there Brisket. I gave it a A +. He started out in a gas station in Leon Springs just north of San Antonio. Great on Beef, Pork and Turkey
  • TNmike
    Options
    On their web site they still show the same type of bottle as on your table in the picture. My bottle was a gift and I had not seen them before so don't know if mine is new or real old. Maybe my friend was unlosding some of his old stock. :) Mike