Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Duals

hizzonerhizzoner Posts: 182
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I've been running a large for a couple of years now. I've got a major backyard renovation going on right now and am building a pool that has an attached, sunken, outdoor kitchen. I often run out of room on my large and am considering adding a second large Egg to accomodate. I'm usre it's been done. I would love to see pictures and here suggestions.
·

Comments

• hizzonerhizzoner Posts: 182
    I ran out of room tonight for the appetizers (stuffed mushrooms) and had to put them in the oven.

208364_1325896603135_1702518334_578100_2972964_n.jpg
    ·
  • Mike in AbitaMike in Abita Posts: 3,302
    You'll get a lot of inspiration from these. Good luck with the build.

http://www.nakedwhiz.com/TableGallery/tables.htm
    ·
  • SSN686SSN686 Posts: 2,953
    Morning hizzoner:

Here is my set up with two large Eggs (plus a mini Egg & small Egg)...
    P4050902.jpg

It is nice having extra cooking room!

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

·
    I'm considering having two larges........I'm thinking of placing them side by side. You agree?
    ·
    Morning hizzoner:

I really like having them side by side with plenty of counter space on each side...that way I can stand between them if I need to be working on each one at the same time (any time I can save a few steps I will :laugh: :laugh: )

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

·
  • LitLit Posts: 3,497
    Having 2 larges is nice. I say keep them close so all the smoke is the same place. I just recently got my 2nd large but have a medium, small, and mini also. Its hard to breathe in an area where several aggs are cooking and you are trying to prep food. Maybe a sink between the prep area and the egg would be nice?
    ·
  • 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    I have two large eggs. There is only the two of us but, we have friends over and love to use both eggs. I have one AR setup with wok and spider. I also have the plate setter and CyberQ II...I can be smoking something then go grill on the other... ;)

I have one egg in a table and one in a nest. I can move them around if I need to. You will love being able to move eggcessories from one egg to another. I like the egg in the nest and a handler bolted to it and a table beside it. I love my two large egg setup. ;)
    ·
  • fire eggerfire egger Posts: 1,124
    I've got two Larges, and it works very well for us. eggcessories, cookware, etc all wok on both eggs.
    I have mine in one table, right outside the ODK, still close to the workspace, but the smoke stays out, they are in a wheeled table, when the weather is really bad, I can pull them in.
    good luck with your ODK
    DSC00150.jpg
    DSC00211.jpg
    ·
  • BordelloBordello Posts: 5,926
    That is on fine cooking area, I can see you're enjoying life. :laugh:

Regards,
    Bordello
    ·
  • BordelloBordello Posts: 5,926
    Another fine looking cooking area, way to go. It's great to see what you Egger's have done to enjoy your outdoor cooking. :)

Cheers,
    Bordelllo
    ·
  • RRPRRP Posts: 14,740
    Nice outside structure - curious about the heavy duty wagon with rocks - unusual design with the protected wheels or are those wagon sides merely let down?
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    ·
    Thanks, thats a Lowe's special, the sides are down. it is actually a handy little cart, the pic was taken while we were still landscaping.
    ·
    Thanks Bordello, we enjoy being outside
    ·
  • AngelaAngela Posts: 461
    Our 2 larges aren't built in, we have the first one in the nest and the second one is in a table. At some point I would love to have them built in though.
    ·
  • AngelaAngela Posts: 461
    Do you have glass or screen over the top? I like having plenty of sun and light shining in but with 60+ inches of year a waterproof covered area is really needed.
    ·
    This is the current plan for the kitchen and pool

STEVE_BARRETT_POOL4_001.jpg

This is the inside of the kitchen (sorry, red is a close as it gets for an Egg with this software)
    STEVE_BARRETT_POOL4_008.jpg
    STEVE_BARRETT_POOL4_009.jpg
    ·
    Morning Angela:

It is screen...similar to a pool enclosure...we get our share of rain here in Florida, but those evenings are when we eat leftover egged food :laugh:

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

·