Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Tonights steak & onion

"Sparky""Sparky" Posts: 6,024
edited 9:18PM in EggHead Forum
Tonight's meal was quite simple and delicious.Sorry about the poor quality pics again,but my Nikon is still on the fritz :pinch: Anyway,I started out with a 500* mini egg and a chunk of onion.The onion was rubbed with Carnivore's new Rub me Raw rub,then smeared with butter.I started it on the egg in the foil

027-6.jpg

The flatiron has been marinating all day :woohoo:

028-7.jpg

Now,time to put the steak on

032-3.jpg

The onion is ready to be removed from the foil

030-8.jpg

Here they are gettin happy together....

037-3.jpg

039-2.jpg

Here's the finished pics,and no,the onion isn't burnt,it's deliciously perfect :woohoo:

049-1.jpg

Thanks for lookin ;)
·

Comments

• BobSBobS Posts: 2,485
    Lookin' good!
    ·
  • Boss HoggBoss Hogg Posts: 1,377
    Doug123!! Nice cook. Steak looks great B)
    Brian
    ·
  • EgginDawgEgginDawg Posts: 747
    Funny- Vicki and I ate a flatiron steak tonight too. I didn't do the onion cause I don't have that fancy new rub- hint, hint :laugh: B)
    ·
  • FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,670
    Looks good buddy, you were missed this weekend. I did buy 6 jars of Todd's rub yesterday and can't wait to try it.
    ·
  • elzbthelzbth Posts: 2,075
    I'm with you - that onion looks perfect! Very tasty cook - thanks for posting. :)
    ·
  • WoodbutcherWoodbutcher Posts: 1,004
    Nice lookin steak Doug. Guess I'll have to order some more carnivore and some of Todds new rub.
    ·
  • Egg JujuEgg Juju Posts: 658
    Looks perfect to me too... nothing like a grilled onion. Steak looks quite delicious too!
    Large and Small BGE * www.quelfood.com
    ·
  • MaineggMainegg Posts: 7,787
    looks great Doug! rolling in the eggs and rolling out the eggs I had to smile at your step where you sat with your wounded toe last year :silly: we really missed you!
    ·
  • eenie meenieeenie meenie Posts: 4,392
    Nice flatiron steak Sparky :) .......but you were missed at the fest. :(
    ·