Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First St. Louis

Options
Austin Smoker
Austin Smoker Posts: 1,467
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am in a house of baby back freaks, but the selection was not great on Friday as a sale had wreaked havoc on the Pork Aisle! So I picked up a couple racks of St. Louis'. The typical mustard smear, JH Pecan and Germantown Commissary rub, saran wrapped overnight, and on they go - 250 with Pecan and Hickory.

DSC_0320.jpg

A bit of forum surfing indicated a longer cook...so I decided on a 4-1-?. Four without foil, 1 hr in, and cook em til they're done. Wound up with a total of 6+ hrs to get to the fold test. Sauced the last 30 mins with Commissary sauce (can you tell I went to Memphis recently?) thinned with Apple Juice:

DSC_0321.jpg

They were tasty, but drier than BBs, at least with the treatment I gave them. Plated with some scalloped taters and beans. BTW - after removing the rib foil, the honey/apple juice/rub mixture from the foil went into the beans - KILLER!

DSC_0322.jpg

Hope all you guys had fun in FLA and on the Gulf Coast. The next couple weekends will be spent "testing" TexasEggfest recipes.

Comments