Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Table so far...any suggestions?

JerzeeJerzee Posts: 84
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have my Egg in it's box, have my Thermapen, ET-732, and lots of goodies from CGS (Adj Rig, Extender, Spider, slide ext. etc) lots of lump and hardwood chunks ready to be used.

All that's left is to finish off my table. Here's what I have so far. I plan to put a tile countertop on this week (father mentioned wood countertop soaking up meat juices and I agreed).

Here's the frame:
IMG_20110407_164026.jpg

I work for a large manufacturing facility as a designer/programmer and have lots of metalworking machines at my disposal. I created an Ash Grate out of 16ga. stainless steel. I've read so many comments about what to put under the egg and possible fire hazards so I decided to go overboard (just bought this house in January - don't want to burn it down already).

This pan has 1 inch flanges bent up on 3 sides and a 1 inch flange bent down in front. The idea is that a dual layer of split firebrick will sit inside the pan and the pan will act as a heatsink, further dispersing heat and the vent holes will help with cooling. I left a 4inch X 4inch chimney right down the middle to help with airflow and cooling.

Does anyone know if this chimney will cause a problem? I plan on using the feet with the egg.

IMG_20110409_095137.jpg

IMG_20110409_095150.jpg

IMG_20110409_095229.jpg

IMG_20110409_110545.jpg

IMG_20110409_110556.jpg

Table is about 65 inches long, 34 inches deep, with a 1 inch thick countertop - 32 inches tall. From top of dual layer of firebrick to the countertop will be exactly 15 inches, spec for the Large.

The other half of the table I plan on enclosing in cedar siding, making a half shelf inside, and making some doors to close it off.

Any thoughts or suggestions? Anything I overlooked?

-Dan

Comments