Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Oklahoma; platesetters?

Options
Tweety
Tweety Posts: 455
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Does any one know if there will be platesetters in OKC? We're planning our cooks and will need one for 2 of our dishes. We don't have a large egg, so our platesetter won't fit.

Comments

• uglydog
    uglydog Posts: 256
    Options
    Tammy, can't help you with OKC, but I can relate this story from Salado: I needed a platesetter badly at Salado. I mentioned it to somebody near the registration area, and a rep from the Ace Hardware reached over to some magical area and handed me a brand spankin new platesetter, as if he knew I would be asking for one. Great people they are!

Uglydog
  • Tweety
    Options
    Thanks Jim and you're right. I think eggheads would give you the shirt off their back if you needed it! That's what makes this group of people so special.

Hey, are you coming to OKC or any of the other Texas fests? Would love some more of those wonderful pancakes. So glad you got to cook with your kids, I know we love when Bryce comes with us to cook. It's a family thing...ya know? ;)
  • fire egger
    fire egger Posts: 1,124
    Options
    Hey Tammie, we will be brining a couple as well as a spider and stone, I will just need one for my cooks, so if the magic doesnt work, we will be glad to help
  • Tweety
    Options
    Thanks Kendell! Knew I could count on my fellow eggheads.
  • JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Options
    Tammy you can also give Chris a call. He may have a couple old ones around the store that have been fixed. I know last year me and Doug Dr. Zaus was using his Small. We were cook'en and the platesetter broke about 23:00 Saturday night. We were medication properly for everyone ones protection by then and about stroked. I walked up to him appoligizing and he started laughing. Said it had JB Weild holding it togeather and on that thin small platesetter it bbreaks loose all the time.
  • Tweety
    Options
    Great idea. I called him and he said there are XL's available for us to cook on, so we can bring our own platesetter. Problem solved!

Looking forward to seeing you again. Don't know if you rememer me or not, but I was a newbie last year that kept asking how you cooked that shrimp. One of my favorite dishes now.

See you soon.
  • Desert Oasis Woman
    Options
    So glad you were "properly medicated" LOL

What's Auron gonna think about this crowd?
  • Desert Oasis Woman
    Options
    Tammie,
    Borrowing items is Standard Operating Procedure at most Eggfests ;)
    Unless it is something unusual like a 12 inch cast iron paella pan!
    You are smart to plan ahead :)

Gettin' Eggcited in the Desert!!!!
  • Tweety
    Options
    :woohoo: Even more eggsited in Big T!
  • JLOCKHART29
    Options
    Tammy I remember you but there were so many people and was my first time as well the names and faces are blurred (no small part due to certain ice bucket and its owner :laugh: ) Remember: when I'm cook'en things like shrimps and stirfrys that happen fast the rest of the world goes away. Ill awnsers questions but really not paying attention to things around me. Those that spent time cook'en with me last year can tell you. Sort of like that little squarel critter on Ice Age movie who was so wound up like a rat on crack trying to get that nut! :laugh:
  • JLOCKHART29
    Options
    Friday evening and Saturday he'll be in his crate most of the time. Do to his preticular training I have not set on him as hard for jumping on people as I would a normal dog. He has reached the age where I am starting to but I can't keep my eye on him constantly with a lot of people around. As far as the people and noise he's rock solid and enjoys being petted and payed attention to just not hugged on. Fine with kids but will knock small ones down and there fast movements as will any fast movments excite him. Around more than a couple of people or in room I'll keep him on a leash and training collar just so he doesn't get in trouble. You have to remember even though he doesn't look or at times act like it hes still a 10 month old puppy. ;)
  • Doug in Eggmonton
    Options
    Kendell, any chance I could borrow the spider and stone (and better yet the rest of an adjustable rig) first thing in the morning? Randi will be making her apple pies and they work best on the rig. We should be done with them by 10:30. Last year I had one delivered but not so this year.

Doug
  • fire egger
    fire egger Posts: 1,124
    Options
    Abosolutely, I dont have the whole AR, just the spider and stone, I will I have a couple of homade raised grids, I will only need one of them, your welcome to whatever will work for you.
  • Doug in Eggmonton
    Options
    Spider, stone and the normal grid and one of the raised grids should hold the two pie plates just fine.

Thanks Kendal

Doug
  • Desert Oasis Woman
    Options
    At almost 7 years old my Golden girl is just growing out of her puppy stage ;)
    Looking forward to meeting him!
  • Doug in Eggmonton
    Options
    We are so looking forward to seeing you guys again.

Doug
  • Desert Oasis Woman
    Options
    :woohoo:

You and Randi, too!!