Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Father's Day

JimW
JimW Posts: 450
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Got my Father's Day present a little early today, a small Egg. Gonna do some fresh brats for the wife and sons to show my appreciation. (It only took me 6 months to convince the wife that this wasn't an exercise in redundancy.) Anyway I'm going to put it through its paces the next few evenings.
JimW

Comments

• JJ
    JJ Posts: 951
    JimW,
    You will like your small. I use mine more than the 2 large.

• sprinter
    sprinter Posts: 1,188
    JimW,[p]Congratulations on the great family, they have great taste. Beats the heck out of a weed eater or aftershave doesnt it? Enjoy.[p]Troy
  • Chief
    Chief Posts: 154
    JimW,
    Congratulations.....I need my wife to talk to your wife.
    Boy just think about all those Honey-doooos.

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    JimW,
    Congrats on the early Father's Day gift. That is a serious present! It is a great addition. You will find many times you want to use junior and Mr. Big simultaneously.[p]The small takes quite a bit longer to get going, but once it gets going good....Junior Cranks! Sear and Roebuck![p]NB[p]

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    JimW, That Small BGE will cook bigger than its size indicates..in quality!..:-)
    Congrats...!!
    C~W

• BBQfan1
    BBQfan1 Posts: 562
    JimW, It was last father's day that I was 'rewarded' with my large BGE. This year I'm hoping for a tie......[p]medium BGE--1[p]small BGE --1[p]Congrats on the acquisition; now go get some wings on there![p]BBQfan1[p]
  • BBQfan1
    BBQfan1 Posts: 562
    JimW, It was last father's day that I was 'rewarded' with my large BGE. This year I'm hoping for a tie......[p]medium BGE--1[p]small BGE --1[p]Congrats on the acquisition; now go get some wings on there![p]BBQfan1[p]
  • J Appledog
    J Appledog Posts: 1,046
    Chief,
    ...or maybe your wife should talk to me - I bought my own. a mini.[p]Right now I'm in a little beach place, nestled amongst the pines, on top of a dune overlooking Lake Michigan. Brought the mini, the computer ( work to do), a dog and no husband, Just cooked a great little meal for one on the egg, & God has turned the lights on & the heat up. It was paradise until my nephew showed up with a minivan full of high school students to camp on the beach. ( I know what I was doing when I was "camping" at that age).[p]Bone appétit! Julie

• Spin
    Spin Posts: 1,375
    JimW,[p]Congrats. The small is a very capable cooker which will reward you and yours greatly. The small can't do what the large can as much as the large can't do what the small can. Confusing, but very true.[p]Spin

• Chief
    Chief Posts: 154
    J Appledog,
    Sounds nice. My wife doesn't cook...she was spoiled by her mother. I do all the cooking each day......
    But the beach sounds nice.....any sounds of crikets???
    What a nice get-a-way.