Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Wasabi Sesame Seed Tuna Steak

Pepper Monkey BBQPepper Monkey BBQ Posts: 652
edited 11:42AM in EggHead Forum
A few pictures of a dinner from a few nights back. Founds some wasabi flavored sesame seeds so we rubbed them on some sashimi grade tuna and gave it a very quick, very hot sear on cast iron. Sliced thin and drizzled with a mixture of soy and fish sauce. Served with salad.

WasabiTunaSteak851.jpg

Rubbed with the wasabi sesame seeds.

WasabiTunaSteak852.jpg

On the cast iron, only one minute per side.

WasabiTunaSteak853.jpg

Drizzled with sauce and ready to eat!
·

Comments

• LDDLDD Posts: 1,225
    wow! just wow!
    context is important :)
    ·
  • Susan EgglaineSusan Egglaine Posts: 2,430
    sweeet! & wasabi sesame seeds. Where did ya find those?
    ·
  • Austin SmokerAustin Smoker Posts: 1,467
    OH THE COLOR of that last shot!! I love seared Tuna, but I have got to find those sesame seeds - very interesting! Nice post
    ·
  • WeberWho?WeberWho? Posts: 2,134
    Man that looks good. Wasabi seeds sounds like a perfect fit.
    ·
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    VERRRY NICE COOK! :)
    ·
  • I am almost certain we stumbled upon them at Trader Joes, but I'll try to confirm. They tasted great (if you like wasabi) right out of the jar. Lost a little of the wasabi flavor during the cook. In hind site, we would have marinated the tuna or made more of a dipping sauce. Though the seeds would carry more flavor. But, still a great meal!
    ·
  • Maxi64Maxi64 Posts: 20
    Everything looks amazing! Nothing better than grilled fish.
    ·
  • ZymeZyme Posts: 180
    I'm sure it tastes great, but dang the way it looks is awesome.
    ·
  • WessBWessB Posts: 6,937
    WOW....you aint messin around are you...LOL
    ·
  • deepsouthdeepsouth Posts: 1,788
    that's exactly how i like my tuna cooked.
    ·
  • JerzeeJerzee Posts: 84
    That's right up my alley. Looks delicious!
    ·
  • Mr HollowayMr Holloway Posts: 2,034
    That looks fantastic
    The last pic is amazing :)

Shane
    ·
  • MemphisQueMemphisQue Posts: 610
    Perfectly cooked. Nice job.
    ·
  • Wow, looks super good, I will try if I can find the fixins !!
    ·
  • Turns out I was wrong ... The seeds were ordered from a company on www.easy.com

I guess there are recipes to make them at home on the web.
    ·
  • BoatmanBoatman Posts: 854
    Man, that looks incredible and I bet it tastes even better. Love it B)
    ·
  • That was supposed to read etsy.com. If you go to the site and do a search for wasabi sesame seeds you'll find them. Another option is to make a thin wasabi paste using wasabi powder, rub that on the steaks then dip in regular sesame seeds.
    ·
  • That was supposed to read etsy.com. If you go to the site and do a search for wasabi sesame seeds you'll find them. Another option is to make a thin wasabi paste using wasabi powder, rub that on the steaks then dip in regular sesame seeds.
    ·