Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Coming to Atlanta for EGGtoberfest? Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340 - NOTE we are CLOSED on Saturday OCT 10th for EGGtoberfest.

Wally World Royal Oak shortage

Misippi EggerMisippi Egger Posts: 5,095
edited 10:12PM in EggHead Forum
Went to my local WM yesterday as my stock of RO is down to 2 bags. :ohmy:

NONE! :angry:
The garden center manager said she doesn't know why they can't get RO and some of their other BBQ products. She seemed very frustrated as it is prime BBQ season and she couldn't seem to get any explanations.

I haven't checked with corporate WM or RO yet, but has anyone else seen a problem with this? Not sure if it is a RO production problem or a distribution problem. :ohmy:

Still got some Wicked Good and one bag of Ozark Oak. Man, I sure hate paying top
dollar for BGE brand! :(

• Photo EggPhoto Egg Posts: 4,047
    Still no problem in our area.
    Good luck.
    Thank you,

Galveston Texas
  • SlotmercenarySlotmercenary Posts: 1,071
    Wally worlds here in NM have pallets in stock.
  • RipnemRipnem Posts: 5,511

You need to get loaded up on that Ozark Oak, man.
  • Misippi EggerMisippi Egger Posts: 5,095
    It's good stuff, but it's not available locally and just a long trip from here to their plant in northern Arkansas.
  • If you find yourself in the NOLA area, check out Restaurant Depot's prices on RO. Last time I was in the place, I saw 20lb bags for a little less than $9. A good price, compared to WalMart's prices on the smaller bags.
  • BBQMavenBBQMaven Posts: 1,041
    hehe, bought 15 bags there Saturday... last ones they had... drive over if you need me to "spot" you a couple!

Oh, was in the Lowe's across the street same day and their Cowboy was $5 bucks a bag... still a good deal.
    Kent Madison MS
    HOOGGG !!! :ohmy: :woohoo:

The Naked Whiz doesn't give a very good report on Cowboy (which is also Fresh Market brand).

I can fill in with Kroger, although it is only 8.8# per bag.
  • WokOnMediumWokOnMedium Posts: 1,376
    RO in the red bag was spotty last year, but the green bag was at Menards all year long.
  • BullyQueBullyQue Posts: 48
    I noticed the same thing today in "The Great State of Mississippi" at a Wal Mart. There were 3 bags there when there is normally a whole pallet.
    Hey, Bully. Where are you located?

Coming to the GulfCoast Eggfest this weekend in Gulfport?
  • Judy MayberryJudy Mayberry Posts: 1,657

I got 6 bags a couple of weeks ago, and there were plenty left. (San Diego)

Someone mentioned Cowboy, and you know how fast that burns. Well, the last few months I've been thinking the Royal Oak is burning as fast as Cowboy did. Has anyone else ever noticed this? Or is it just a bad batch I latched on to?
    Judy in San Diego
  • loco_engrloco_engr Posts: 3,673
    Have you seen the "new and improved" price for the 8.8#
    R.O. Steakhouse lately at Menards? $5.98! :( :sick:
    A new Menards opened recently in Manhattan, KS which is about 50 miles closer for me. Called them a few days ago
    and was told $5.98. Checked the North Platte,NE store, same dang price.