Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Laughing at the wind...for a change

Options
Austin Smoker
Austin Smoker Posts: 1,467
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Finally broke down last weekend and put a Rultand gasket on the Large after battling the strong winds during a rib cook a couple weeks ago.

Today, 20-25 gusts, and she's holding right where I want her. Woohoo! :woohoo:

Comments

• fieroguy
    fieroguy Posts: 777
    Options
    Brad - A good seal [ul]does[/ul] make a difference, doesn't it!
  • srq2625
    srq2625 Posts: 262
    Options
    That pretty much justifies my newbie OCD tendencies.

When I took possession of my small a couple of weeks ago, one of the things I did during the assembly was to remove the stock felt gasket and install a single Rutland Tape #90 on the base (no gasket on the dome). My DW thought I was on drugs! :)
  • Austin Smoker
    Austin Smoker Posts: 1,467
    Options
    srq2625 wrote:
    That pretty much justifies my newbie OCD tendencies.

When I took possession of my small a couple of weeks ago, one of the things I did during the assembly was to remove the stock felt gasket and install a single Rutland Tape #90 on the base (no gasket on the dome). My DW thought I was on drugs! :)

JMO, but good move!
  • Bigjohn
    Bigjohn Posts: 144
    Options
    That's all we've had for the last week. I'm tired of the high gusty winnds. My egg is holding temperatures great but my trees are losing limbs daily. Lucky for me the limbs are small so far.
  • srq2625
    srq2625 Posts: 262
    Options
    Smoke wood, perchance?