Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

celebration dinner

Austin  EggheadAustin Egghead Posts: 3,238
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I passed all the CEd tests and to celebrate I Egged beef ribs and veggies.

The ribs, seasoned with pepper, garlic, and lemon pepper, went on at 400 and I immediately dropped the temp to 315 and cooked for 2.5 hrs, added the veggies. Pulled all 1.5 hrs later, mopped with drippings and rested. Total cook time for ribs was 4 hours.

On the grill. Drip pan contained bay leaves 2 bottles of beer, coriander and pepper.
5593583457_4b4d32af3b.jpg

The veggies first crop of sweet onions form the Wesleco
5594170968_808e3b326a.jpg

The jalapeno and padron pepper. The padron pepper can be sweet or hot. One was sweet the other started sweet and finished hot.
5594171036_c4386d49a8.jpg

To the table
5594171476_ec4844b873.jpg

Dessert
5594171832_0acd81f90f.jpg
Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX
·

Comments

• Congrats...
    And a nice cook too!
    ·
  • Austin  EggheadAustin Egghead Posts: 3,238
    Thank you
    ·
  • hornhonkhornhonk Posts: 3,834
    I don't know what a CEd test is, but pass them again. I'll be happy to celebrate with you. :P
    ·
  • SlotmercenarySlotmercenary Posts: 1,071
    Congrats on the testing. I bet that even tasted better on the Lenox ware...
    ·
  • BigjohnBigjohn Posts: 144
    Your meal looks very good. How did you come up with that selection? I can never think of putting items in the drip pan or the peppers and onions. Just basic stuff. I'm envious of your talents.

We had hambugers tonite that are always good on the egg. I did bake another cake today. Apricot upside down cake. Turned out pretty good.

Continuing Education test??? What field?
    ·
  • JLOCKHART29JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Those ribs look outstanding. Congrats on passing.
    ·
    CEd = Continuing Education. Required in order to keep certification. I am good until 2013.
    ·
    Thanks.
    ·
    I think everyone of us are given certain talents and it is up to us to nurture and develop them. In my minds eye I can mix ingredients and taste them and know they will go together.
    Maybe my chemistry background has helped, Dr Spears always said "If you not a good cook you are not a good chemist".
    The cake you baked today sounds really yummy.
    ·
    Thanks
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 15,443
    Joan you did not say what time dinner was :laugh:
    Will try beef ribs that with the seasonings you used, sounds good.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max +++ 5th Salado EggFest is March 14, 2015 http://saladoeggheadgathering.blogspot.com

·
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,272
    Joan, Congrats on passing and the really nice meal!!
    ·
  • 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    Nice beef rib cook. :P
    ·
  • Joan,
    Glad you passes the CEs -- you are now a Certified Egghead for the next 2 years!!!!
    Keep up the good cooks and fine photos ;)
    ·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,646
    Congratulations, Joan. What do you teach? I taught science for 5 years.....3 at the high school level and then 2 in middle school. It was the middle schoolers that burned me out in the end.

Congrats on the cook. Everything looks delish!

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
    Mickey, ribs went on about 4:30 and it was about 9 when we sat down at the table. I will be heading up your way today. I have a call in Temple and then on to Waco.
    ·
    Thank you , Molly. I will only have to do this one more time :( before I retire.
    ·
    Thanks
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 15,443
    Be sure and wave :laugh:
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max +++ 5th Salado EggFest is March 14, 2015 http://saladoeggheadgathering.blogspot.com

·
    Thanks
    I work for a company that makes scientific equipment used in many applications...from pharmaceutical, biologics, hospitals and food industry. I have a fancy title that means I am a jack of all trades (and I hope I have mastered at least one :laugh: ).
    I am on the service side which means I either repair the broken unit, repair the broken chemistry :whistle: or repair the broken customer(mostly) ;) . Although teaching has been part of my past, I find I teach something new every time I go into the lab. It is and has been a fun ride and I have enjoyed every minute.
    ·
    Thanks, but I consider my self a rookie compared to you guys. That Egg will teach you something new with each cook.
    ·
  • Egg JujuEgg Juju Posts: 658
    Good Lord!! At first I thought those were bricks!! :blush: May I have one please sir! :) Grats on passing and the celebration that followed.
    Large and Small BGE * www.quelfood.com
    ·
  • beesbees Posts: 335
    Congratulations! That was a nice cook,what is the Ced?(excuse the ignorance)Randy
    ·