Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Finally cooked the ribs

Options
wkygriller
wkygriller Posts: 408
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I pulled the ribs out on Saturday hoping to cook them on Sunday and had farm issues. Yesterday there was no way I was going out in the wind and hail. So today the sun came out and I had the time so I threw them on @1:00.
I Meant to grab the Dizzy dust, but ended up with red eye instead. :ohmy: Well it looks like I will be using the red eye going forward.
First pic after 5 hour smoke sauced with Blues Hog.
102_4947-1.jpg
Plated with coleslaw Bad pic..
102_4951.jpg
The best ribs I have ever eaten. The red eye gave it a little kick of heat that paired well with the sweetness of the Blues Hog.
here is an updated pic of the bacon after day 3 in the fridge. Flipped it for another 3 day cure then on to smoking on Friday.
102_4952.jpg

Comments

• Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Options
    Looks great Richard, looking forward to the bacon ;)
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    Ribs look GREAT! I can't wait to see how your bacon comes out. :)
  • wkygriller
    Options
    Thanks Scott. I can't wait to do the bacon myself for 2 reasons.
    1) the thought of home made bacon :ohmy:
    2) My beer is not real happy with 38 degree weather. Its used to 31 :laugh:
  • wkygriller
    Options
    Hoss,
    I followed CWM's recipe to a T even used the Blues Hog. He was right on the ribs. Mom and Boyfriend are coming this weekend so I figured I'd better give them a try prior to cooking for them. Looking forward to the bacon on Saturday morning. If we ace this one sausage will be the next task. And one day Loney might end up on the egg :whistle: .
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Options
    ha ha, mine too. Only thing I like about about cold weather is being able to throw the beer on the deck when I am prepping a big cook. ;)
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    Great looking plate. :P

Did you get any mowing done?

As the rain moved in from the front on Monday I hurried to get a few yards mowed. I went to my next job and the next door neighbor a close friend of mine asked if I would mow his yard one time as well because they had a death in the family. I ended up mowing both yards in the pouring rain. My Dixie Chopper cut the grass very good I was very happy and so was my friend. We spent all day today in the funeral home with him because his mother in law was very close to us. ;)
  • wkygriller
    Options
    Thanks Tim,
    I got about 5 acres cut on Sunday after replacing the plugs and fuel filter. The mower is still bogging down. I called the dealer and he gave me 3 more things to try before I have to have them pick it up to repair. I am thinking about having them pick it up and trading it for a diesel. That way I could fill it up here and not worry about filling gas cans. Dixie is a great mower. I looked at them and exmark before I bought the Deere. We went with Deere because of local service.
    So sorry to hear about your friend and his mother in law. I have been there ;)
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ;) Best of luck! :)
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    Hey Richard, I was told when Dixie Chopper was using Yanmar engines they were great but, now they are using Caterpillar diesel engines anyway that's hear say and I haven't been in the business long enough to know for myself. Good luck with your decision making. ;)
  • Egg Juju
    Egg Juju Posts: 658
    Options
    Ribs look great... I too am anxious to see how the bacon comes out.
    Large and Small BGE * www.quelfood.com
  • transversalInactive
    Options
    The ribs look killer to me!!
  • Judy Mayberry
    Judy Mayberry Posts: 2,015
    Options
    Those ribs look TASTEE! (Stolen from my friend Hoss.) You did a great job.

I use Red Eye Express on just about everything...tri-tip, love it on pork. It's my #1 favorite. It's even good in scrambled eggs.
    Judy in San Diego