Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

DIdnt get off of work in time so...

Scottborasjr
Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
BBQ bean dish.
IMAG0038.jpg

2011-04-042117.jpg

Wanted to make tenderloin but didn't get home in time so this is what came for dinner.

Thanks for looking.
I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 

Comments

• Scottborasjr
    Not the most pretty dish, but it tasted good. :)
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • Judy Mayberry
    Judy Mayberry Posts: 2,015
    Are you kidding? That's VERY pretty and looks good enough to eat! That's bacon on top, right? Did you use refrigerated biscuits, or was that a batter you made? Pictures are wonderful, but so are ingredients. I never would have thought of putting that together.

You're talented.
    Judy in San Diego
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    I agree with Judy Mayberry. Looks real good.
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Egg Juju
    Egg Juju Posts: 658
    Looks tasty to me and very creative. I think that has potential.
    Large and Small BGE * www.quelfood.com
  • FLbobecu
    FLbobecu Posts: 309
    Judy Mayberry wrote:
    Are you kidding? That's VERY pretty and looks good enough to eat! That's bacon on top, right? Did you use refrigerated biscuits, or was that a batter you made? Pictures are wonderful, but so are ingredients. I never would have thought of putting that together.

You're talented.

+1 - Looks awesome!!

Mind sharing how you put it together? I'd love to try this out.
  • Scottborasjr
    It's really easy actually:
    1 can Van Camps Pork and Beans
    1 lb of hamburger
    1 cup of bbq sauce
    1/2 cup to a cup brown sugar depending on how sweet ya like it

1 cup or so shredded cheese, what ever your liking (this was cheddar jack)
    1 tube of refrigerated biscuits (I use flaky buttermilk)
    Left over bacon from lunches BLT's

Brown the hamburger, drain as well as possible
    add Van Camps, bbq sauce and brown sugar, simmer 10 minutes or so.

While the meat is simmering in a 8x8, might be 9x9 :whistle: dish use the biscuits cut in half around the outside of the dish. Probably won't use the entire tube.

Once the hamburger and sauce has thickened up pour into center of dish. Top with cheese and bacon, 15 minutes in the Egg, indirect 375-400 dome.
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    OH YEAH! Looks TASTEE to me! :)
  • Scottborasjr
    Thanks Judy, appreciate it :) Posted the completely simple idea below. It's a take on something my Grandma used to do, without the homemade dough. Probably would be better with homemade dough but with work and a five year old time is of the essence ;)
  • Scottborasjr
    Thanks Hoss