Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Baked Sweet Potatoes and Grains of Paradise

Grillin' Bill
Grillin' Bill Posts: 84
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Baked Sweet potatoes on egg at about 350 degrees until easy to pierce with a knife. Melted about 1/2 stick butter in coffee cup in microwave. When almost melted I added about 1 TBS. Brown Sugar, 1/4 tsp cinnamon and about 1/2 tsp. of crushed Grains of Paradise . These measures are estimates as I seldom measure unless I follow a recipe. Mix well with a wisk, and put in microwave for 15-20 seconds. Cut sweet potatoes in half and drizzle with the mixture. It was excellent and my wife enjoyed the bursts of flavor as well. I hope others find this delightfuul to.[p]Grillin Bill

Comments

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Grillin Bill,
    How would that mix do in the BGE with foil wrapped? I use about the same thing, just butter the "peeled" sweet tater, coat with brown sugar, and wrap loosely in foil. [p]About 40 minutes to 1 hour in the BGE along with your meats at around 350F. (use a barrier) Then I take em out and pour a dab of softened marshmellow creme on top. I will add your mix next time. Gotta get the famous GOP first.
    Cheers..C~W..

• JimW
    JimW Posts: 450
    Grillin Bill,
    Sweet taters with just butter and brown sugar are so good they must be even better with the cinnamon and GOP.
    JimW

• Char-Woody,
    Wrapped in foil would be great to. The potatoes I had were very moist but foil would help insure moistness. I think you will be surprised with the GOP. But IMHO GOP will never take the place of Black Pepper. There is a burst of flavor when tasted by itself that grows slowly and disapates.[p]Grillin Bill

• JimW,
    It worked great for us.[p]Grilin Bill

• Char-Woody
    JimW, now we just have to convince Dave Spence of that..BTW, where is that cacklin canary anyway??
    C~W

• J Appledog
    J Appledog Posts: 1,046
    Char-Woody,
    He just got a package of Mrs. Dog's secret stuff & he's busy trying to impress his friends!
    I don't care what you put on sweet potatoes; I can't stand 'em. J

• Char-Woody
    J Appledog, I tell ya from experience Hon, with that in his hand, he is a sure winner to impress em..We gotta keep that stuff a secret from dem Ugly Guys..They will whup competitors with it.
    :-)
    C~W[p]