Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pastrami

Options
chocdoc
chocdoc Posts: 461
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Grabbed a corned brisket left over from St Patricks day, reduced to $2.99/lb. Turned out to be two pieces in the package which was kind of annoying.

Coated with cracked pepper and coriander, hot smoked until it reached 150 F. Then cooked sous vide at 79º C (175 F) for about 16 hours.

Chilled, sliced and heated for a few seconds in the nuke. The other chunk went (with a loaf of nice fresh european style sandwich bread to the neighbour who poked his nose out last night to find out what I was cooking. Nothing like the smell of stuff smoking to attract the neighbours.

5589605467_c9c1ea3b3e.jpg
DSCN2731 by ChocDoc1, on Flickr

5589605559_1861f21e6f.jpg
DSCN2732 by ChocDoc1, on Flickr

5590196036_0f8d5b0777.jpg
DSCN2734 by ChocDoc1, on Flickr

Comments

• bees
    bees Posts: 335
    Options
    Wow that meat looks very juicy, nice cook! Randy
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    So how long was the hot smoke? Looks good Kerry.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • chocdoc
    chocdoc Posts: 461
    Options
    cookn biker wrote:
    So how long was the hot smoke? Looks good Kerry.

Good question - temp got a bit low so took probably 5 hours or so. Suspect it would have been shorter had I waited to be sure the temp was stabilized before I wandered away.
  • NC Bill
    NC Bill Posts: 19
    Options
    We did one this weekend. I can still smell it. Yours looks great!

Bill
  • Egg Juju
    Egg Juju Posts: 658
    Options
    looks tasty... I think I am jealous of the neighbor. :lol:
    Large and Small BGE * www.quelfood.com