Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

I'm a EggHead

mtnbikeninjamtnbikeninja Posts: 36
edited 12:24AM in EggHead Forum
Bought my first large BGE last Friday and loving it so far. I have cooked steaks, burgers, and doing a Beer Can Chicken on it as I write this email. I guess I still need some practice cause I can't get the temp to stabilize like I want it but I know it may take some getting use to. Oh well, just wanted to introduce myself to the EggHead Clan!!

Happy Cooking,

Comments

• Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 28,508
    I believe 2fat egghead has a link to a link to a page of links compiled by Grandpas Grub which has a link to a guide to vent settings with pictorials.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Like Steven says, read Grampa Grub's link......follow what he says.......you'll get used to it in no time. I'm a relatively new to Egging myself, and I am totally blown away by the eats comin off my grill!! Have a great time with it and visit this site often......you won't learn more about Egging anywhere else.
  • RipnemRipnem Posts: 5,511
    Here's the links Steve was talking about.

http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=843650&catid=1

Welcome! and enjoy the ride B)
  • Thanks so much Guys!!
  • Carolina QCarolina Q Posts: 10,554
    welcome!! real bikers pedal!!!!! :laugh:

I will not eat oysters. I want my food dead. Not sick, not wounded... dead.

Woody Allen

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• stikestike Posts: 15,597
    :laugh:

do you mind in the future steven if i link to this?
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Austin  EggheadAustin Egghead Posts: 3,592
    Welcome aboard. What type of mtn bike?
    Large, small and mini SW Austin
    CQ: Got that right: real bikers pedal road bikes!!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 28,508
    Not at all! Why don't I find a link and then you can link to my link?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

yeah, but I didn't want to start off on the wrong foot with the mtb dude. :)

Woody Allen

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Kona
    cool. i don't spend much time off road though I do have an older trek mtb. I've been drooling over colnago and pinarello road bikes lately. but I have no business even thinking about spending that kinda cash! would like to find a nice used one though.

Woody Allen

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

If you are drooling over a colnago and pinarello then check out a custom Serotta. There are other good custom builder in your area also. Spend your money on a good fitting custom bike and buy mid range components (upgrade later).
    Custom biking is like and egging, once you have experienced them, you can't go back.
  • DMurfDMurf Posts: 481
    Welcome to the group! I got my egg about 1 year ago and all I can say is "Why did I wait so long?" I understand chasing the temp on a gas grill you set your dials and wait, on briquets you light your fire and pray, with an egg you get to eggsperience cooking. I am much more likely to head outside and fire up the egg and sit back and relax while it comes up to temp than I have ever been in the past.

Take your time, it will come to you. This forum is a great place for information and help, and the people here are great.

I look forward to seeing your cooks, as I was told when I joined "We love pictures" and we do.
    David
    BBQ since 2010 - Oh my, what I was missing.
    Austin Egghead wrote:
    Custom biking is like egging, once you have experienced them, you can't go back.

That's what I'm afraid of!! :laugh: I've looked at Serotta too.

Has this thread been officially hijacked? :whistle:

Woody Allen

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• HossHoss Posts: 14,600
    Welcome! We look forward to seeing your cooks. :)
  • 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    Here Steven is a link to Stikes response to a link to your cook tonight linking it to Rich's link to GG's link! From me :kiss: :woohoo:

Follow it it's true

http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&Itemid=112&func=view&catid=1&id=1070711#1070711
  • 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    Man I'm getting dizzy. Follow the link Rich if you dare. ;) :woohoo:

http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=1070721&catid=1
  • Egg JujuEgg Juju Posts: 658
    Welcome... you will get used to the adjustments pretty quick.

Have fun... thats the best part!
    Large and Small BGE * www.quelfood.com
  • ibandaibanda Posts: 492
    I've wanted a Serotta road bike for about oh, 20 years! Now that I am over 40 I'm not happy going down bumpy roads on my aluminum frame Cannondale. I ride a Gary Fischer mtn bike also.

ninja, you'll get the hang of the vent adjustments soon!
    "Bacon tastes gooood, pork chops taste gooood." - Vincent Vega, Pulp Fiction
    Small and Large BGE in Oklahoma City.