Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

More food fotos

Phil
Phil Posts: 26
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just did steaks... Pretty good. I think I needed to sear them longer as they did not have a crust on them. I guess I am still afraid of burning up dinner! The taste was good and the eggperience awesome.[p]-Phil[p]http://homepage.mac.com/philhanna/PhotoAlbum146.html
[ul][li]More Fotos[/ul]

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    Phil,
    no offense here, but I don't think you are probably Phil Gobic of Miami who already is registered as "Phil" as he has been here a while and you appear to be new. Click on your name and look at the profile - it's easy to get your own moniker. If I am wrong then I apologize.

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Phil
    Phil Posts: 26
    RRP,
    Nope. I am new. Do I need to change my name?[p]Phil

• Phil,
    Probably, but welcome to the BGE family.[p]CWM

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    Phil,
    well - we each come in to this world with our own good name...it has no "door dings" on it. We then make the best of it as best we can. Some of us win, some of us lose. The losers don't care if their name/moniker gets used by others...but the winners like to think that we care.[p]I don't think that you realize yet what I meant about "clicking" on your name - when you click on "phil" like on your last post here it takes you to the profile of Phil in Miami, so if you don't want to be him and he doesn't want to be you then please pick your own identification. Advantage is once you do then when you post and people who want to email you directly they can do it easily! Hey...you're going to make wonderful long lasting cyber-friends on the BGE board like you can't believe!!!

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Phil - or name TBD :),
    Wow, great pictures. Thanks for sharing. Welcome aboard - you'll love this forum. I couldn't tell if the mustard coating was on the steaks or something else, so let me ask... Did you put anything on the steaks prior to searing? We usually put a litte olive oil, kosher salt and pepper prior to searing. I think the olive oil helps with the "crust". [p]Keep the pictures coming...[p]Molly

• Eggsellent,
    Yes, I used mustard and salt and pepper. I don't think I seared it long enought because I didn't get the thick black crust everyone said I would.
    Doing a pork roast tonight so i will post those pictures on my site.
    Thanks for the support and kind words.[p]Phil