Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Reppin\' Team Zippy

Focker
Focker Posts: 8,364
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My dealer Jim Prescott's Barbecue Shop, located in Sterling, IL had their very first BGE demo today from 11-1. Just received my KA mixer the other day and what better way to break it in than run a couple batches of the Zipster's Numero Uno...

http://s330.photobucket.com/albums/l406/schwansonlip/Pizza/?action=view¤t=229404c7.pbw

Smoked 2 Bob Evans Italian Sausage Fatties sans rub the night before with one chunk of pecan. Made up a simple sauce of crushed tomatoes, butter, EVOO, garlic, onion, S & P, sugar, and Aleppo.

Did 4 Zas today for the masses. First was pepperoni, sliced mozz, rosemary, aleppo, parmesan

002-11.jpg

Next up was sausage, sliced mozz, thyme, red onion, orange bell pepper, aleppo, parmesan
I had the sweet spot next to the Coozies and free beer :woohoo:

004-11.jpg

Then I just decided to throw everything I had on the next two pies (these two pics are of the same pie)

006-16.jpg
007-11.jpg

Zip, its like feedin' ice cream to my 3 yr old Mase :lol:

005-12.jpg

And to top it off, I go to buy a new Tel-Tru and Jim gives it to me for comin' out.

008-10.jpg

What a beautiful day B)
One load of lump and I might of touched the vent a couple of times and pegged 500.

I know Zippy's recipe singlehandedly sold 2 out of the 8 eggs today. Thanks mang ;)
Brandon
Quad Cities
"If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

Comments

• 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Been there done that works great. ;)
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    Looks GREAT!!!

GOOD JOB!

BTW was that YOUR table in the next to last pix...or somebody else's? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

(Inside joke)!

Hope to see you at the Peoria Eggfest June 4th! BTW I have even purchased yet another table to add to my working space so I MIGHT be able to accommodate your "spreading ways"!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Focker
    Thanks Ron
    :lol::lol::lol:
    I'm a Equal Opportunity Real Estate Stealer :woohoo:

Lookin' forard to Peoria ;)
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Nice job on the pies and sales!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Zippylip
    Zippylip Posts: 4,768
    the pies look great, glad to hear it was a successful outing; that dough kinda makes itself doesn't it :laugh: , great to see you posting too

and by the way what's in that bottle, looks like a Bellhaven but I'm thinking it's something else?
    happy in the hut
    West Chester Pennsylvania
  • Focker
    Thanks Marc
    I found out the hard way that yeast shouldn't be stored in the cupboard. :blush:
    Had to chuck the first batch.

About time I get a mixer huh? ;)

I'm all about simplicity man, that dough is awesome. B)
    I really have no ambition right now to try anything else. Might sub 1 cup of whole wheat flour next time?

Didn't get any undercarriage shots, but the crust was perfect.

That my friend, is a Newcastle Brown Ale, good stuff.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities