Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost Halloween and if you’re cooking on your EGG, you may end up with more people knocking on your door asking for pork chops than candy! In case you’re willing to share and want to please a crowd, we recommend warm Margherita Pizza, FGL’s Lemon Pepper Wings or our favorite, S’mores in a Cone!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here Fall is upon us, and it's a great time for getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Popsicle...is this right?

SSN686SSN686 Posts: 2,947
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Morning All:

Saw Popsicle's post last week about the PEACH ENCHILADAS IN SALADO and thought about doing them at the upcoming Sunshine State EggFest, but wanted to try them first. I wanted to do them on the Small Egg since I already had it going and a 9x13 pan wouldn't fit, so I used a 9" round pan. I was only able to get 7 shells into the pan, so I figured I should cut back on the sauce mixture too...used 3/4 cup sugar, 3/4 water & 3/4 stick butter...here they are waiting for the sauce (with cinnamin on top, plus I used Blueberry filling instead of Peach)...
S040211-07.jpg

And on the Egg after about 10 minutes...
S040211-08.jpg

And the finished product...
S040211-10.jpg

Popsicle's post said that the liquid would be absorbed and I had what I thought was quite a bit of liquid left, so I'm not sure if I did something wrong...BUT they were VERY tasty and something I will probably do again (but not at the Fest next week).

Popsicle (or anyone else that was at Salado) let me know if they look right...thanks!

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

website ---  http://mysite.verizon.net/respulq1/index.html

Comments

• JCinNVJCinNV Posts: 141
    I made them one night last week, used 13x9 lasagne pan, I used the peach and like you had a lot of liquid in the pan, they were good will do again, :)
  • loco_engrloco_engr Posts: 3,673
    Jay:

Looks as good as his offering in Denver last August!
    He topped it off with Redi-Whip . . .YUM!
  • PopsiclePopsicle Posts: 511
    Jay, your enchiladas look great, glad you tried them. A couple of things could have contributed to the excess liquid. One is the tortilla. We use ones from HEB, kind of thicker than normal, and they seem to absorb the liquid well. Another is the receipt is for 10 to 12 tortillas in the pan so you probably had more filling inside and fewer enchiladas to absorb the liquid. Maybe I should have said that most of the liquid will be absorbed and by the way, the liquid is excellent pored over the finished product when you serve.
    At fest we cut them in 1/3 and hit them with a shot of whipped cream to serve.
    Popsicle
    Willis Tx.