Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Thirdeye\'s smoked salmon and more!

Fluffyb
Fluffyb Posts: 1,815
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Last weekend we went to the NASCAR race in Fontana. Started out as a cold and wet day and ended up very nice and a great finish! Smoked some salmon per Thirdeye's site to take with us. It was OUTSTANDING. We just had some on bagels. Thanks for suggesting this Molly.

Making the brine.
IMAG0275.jpg

After 3 hours in the egg with maple & cherry wood.
IMAG0277.jpg

Fiance and the dog, she did great in the car. Checked on her at the 1/2 way point.
IMAG0287.jpg

This guy was a dedicated Kyle hater. This was on the way in and he was there again after the race!
IMAG0291.jpg

View from our seats.
IMAG0292.jpg

Had leftovers on a bagle this morning, yum!
IMAG0332.jpg

Last nights pork chops, they were outstanding! Marinated in red wine, sherry vinegar, garlic, rosemary and evoo.
IMAG0321.jpg

On the egg close to the coals to sear.
IMAG0323.jpg

Plated w/fingerling potatoes with chives, sour cream & a little butter and a salad of field greens, tomatoes and fresh mozzarella.
IMAG0326.jpg

Comments

• cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Teresa, I knew you'd like that. It's the only one I'll use. Everything looks really good. Race day looks fun too.
    I'm going to send you a package this week.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Fluffyb
    Fluffyb Posts: 1,815
    My filets were a little thin, so next time I'll brine a little less. But Larry said it was the best smoked salmon he had ever had, so that was big! The cats also enjoyed it very much. I will defintely do it again.
  • thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    pathfinder4-1-2011004aa.jpg

I went fishing Friday, and am curing three trout this afternoon to smoke tomorrow.

pathfinder4-1-2011008aac.jpg
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery