Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pizza sorta what I expected...

WokOnMedium
WokOnMedium Posts: 1,376
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well, I wasn't surprised that my batter/dough didn't crank out exactly the pie I have been in pursuit of, but I was surprised that it was as good as it was.

It was a little chewy like I was looking for, but I didn't get any spring (no shock there). I also think I should have let LulaQ hang out about 15 minutes more before putting the pizza on. I got hungry. Overall, not a bust, learned as much as if it had turned out perfect I think.
1238432267_wuDvX-L.jpg

1238432450_KKDpv-L.jpg

Comments

• Judy Mayberry
    Judy Mayberry Posts: 2,015
    Staci:

It's all trial and error. Next time, try the tips you got for a drier dough; once you get the finger feel of what the perfect dough feels like, you are off and running. A little elastic, but not dry and not batter-wet. And cold-fermented for 2 or 3 days makes it easier to handle and better tasting.

Hey, you can make same-day dough and many do. I'm just sayin'...

You're almost there!
    Judy in San Diego
  • WokOnMedium
    WokOnMedium Posts: 1,376
    Thanks Judy. I appreciate the link and i'll use it next time! Doin's how we learn. Even got a little help with my mixer, but food processor might be the way to go next time.
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Looks great to me. My pizza has great taste good but they sure never come out round. :laugh:
    With the zippylip dough I cooked direct on the stone at high temps.
    I think this kelps give the dough the nice air bubbles.
    It's also hard not to over load with toppings but I think it will help help the toppings brown better as well as cooking higher in the dome.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Your Salado Za was "mighty fine!" The other 6 people who shared said so, too;)
    Ku's theme: never trust a round pizza.