Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Saturday Night's Egg'n

BOWHUNR
BOWHUNR Posts: 1,487
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
We are having some beautiful weekend weather so I made a trip to the seafood shop and fired up the BGE. Bacon wrapped filet, gulf shrimp, sea scallops, asparagus and a tomato/avocado salad. Life is good!! ;)

DSC00025.jpg

Mike
Omaha, NE

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE

Comments

• Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Looks great Mike ;) , just wondering where you get your scallops and shrimp at? I'm in Lincoln by the way.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • BOWHUNR
    Thanks Scott. I get all of my fish/shellfish at Absolutely Fresh Seafood just south of 118th & Pacific. It's not cheap, but we're a heckuva long way from an ocean. :)

Mike
    Omaha, NE

Omaha, NE
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Yeah distance from the ocean/cost influences my seafood intake as well. :laugh: Last night was a beer can chicken
    IMAG0037.jpg

Cooked on the Egg, gas grill is pretty much just a staging area now ;)
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • BOWHUNR
    Yeah...I have one of those "staging areas" as well. :)

Mike

Omaha, NE
  • FrankC
    FrankC Posts: 416
    Nice lookin' meal, Mike. Absolutely Fresh does have good seafood, but definitely pay for the freshness. I go by to pick up oysters every once in a while. Where are you in Omaha? Wouldn't it be great if we could get a fest goin'?

fc
  • BOWHUNR
    Hi Frank. I'm in NW Omaha (156th & Blondo). I agree a fest would be nice, but it would be cool if we could get Outdoor Kitchen or one of the other local dealers involved. My wife and I are heading to ATL this October for the first time and can't wait!

Mike

Omaha, NE
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600