Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Help.....need a quick pork tenderloin recipe.

Options
Bamaboy
Bamaboy Posts: 18
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi, I need an easy pork tenderloin recipe. I have seen some involving olive oil and garlic and some other spices.......any ideas. Thanks, Brent

Comments

• egghead2004
    Options
    bamaboy,
    There are a couple ways I do these.[p]1. mince a few cloves of fresh garlic, add, pepper, and sometimes Goya Adobo instead of salt for a slightly Spanish flavor. Add Olive Oil to make a paste and put it on there.[p]Cook indirect @ 350 dome until the onternal temp reaches 150, rest for 15 minutes and slice. I add a drip pan full of water, but that is not needed.[p]OR [p]Rub with Dizzy Dust, cook the same as above.

• yaB
    yaB Posts: 137
    Options
    bamaboy,[p]Olive oil, garlic and some other spices sounds like a real good start. Use your imagination, your sniffer and your own preferences to determine proportions. Try some mustard, a bit of sesame oil, sesame seeds, pureed ginger, some balsamic vinegar, ground chipotles, etc., etc., etc. I usually marinade mine for at least a couple of hours, overnight if I'm thinking ahead. As for cooking, you might want to try the technique described in the "Recipes" link. Pretty quick and easy.[p]Bob
    [ul][li]Grilled Pork Tenderloin Recipe[/ul]
  • Big Murth
    Options
    bamaboy,
    Go to "Submitted Recipes" and try my PUERCO ADOBO recipe for pork tenderloin.Recipe sounds like a lot of heat, but it's pretty mild after cooking...don't worry the kids and old folks will eat it, no sweat(hah!). Indirect or direct is fine either way...pretty hard to screw up pork tenderloin. You won't be disappointed----I can't tell you how many people have asked for the recipe after trying it. I even cook it over an open campfire up in the mountains...nothing like pork smoke/grilled over pitchy pine wood!!
    Over and out,
    Big Murth

• Big Murth
    Options
    bamaboy,
    p.s. My wife's favorite sister is from "Hunzville"...she came all this way to eat smoked babybacks!

• Bamaboy
    Options
    Big Murth,
    I am about 45 minutes from Huntsville. Small world Huh?