Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

AZRP\'s Fire-roasted salsa

Misippi EggerMisippi Egger Posts: 5,095
edited 6:56PM in EggHead Forum
No big cook this weekend as the kids and grandson were here from Arkansas. They put in a request for crawfish, which they can't easily get in Hot Springs. There is a great crawfish cafe about 6 miles from my house (how convenient). Invited the other kids and friends - 32# crawfish plus the fixin's.

I made some Fire-roasted salsa (from AZRP's recent post), with a couple of "heat-reducing" changes.
The roast:
DSC_0480.jpg
The ingredients:
DSC_0481.jpg
The salsa:
DSC_0390.jpg
Thanks, Ron - everyone LOVED it !
Pics from the day:
The family from Arkansas:
IMG_2594.jpg
IMG_2595.jpg
The local daughter and grandson - squirting mom!:
IMG_2598.jpg
Emmett (7 mon):
DSC_0482.jpg
The karate kick from Mason:
DSC_0488.jpg
The return "Ole Miss" tackle by Emmett:
DSC_0489.jpg
Friends and family enjoying crawfish and fixin's:
DSC_0498.jpg
Aiden jumping "Let me do it myself" underwater with "The Princess":
DSC_0499.jpg

Thanks for putting up with the "Family Photos". :ohmy: :whistle: ;) :)

Comments

• Austin  EggheadAustin Egghead Posts: 3,347
    great pics, beautiful family
    Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX
  • AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    OK Clark, time to take it to the next level and make your own tortilla chips. ;)-RP
  • reccitronreccitron Posts: 175
    Great looking family and that hot tub looks awesome.
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Thanks for sharing Clark!! Doesn't get better than that!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Misippi EggerMisippi Egger Posts: 5,095
    NO MERCY ! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    Thanks.
    We spent most of the late fall and winter having the entire backyard redesigned from only grass to the hot tub, patio, fencing and extensive landscaping. Now I only have a 'postage stamp' yard to mow. :woohoo:

We have been really enjoying it this spring!
    Thanks - sorry to 'stick' people with the family pics, but I couldn't help it! :whistle:
    Thanks, Molly.

We have really been able to enjoy the back yard redesign this Spring. Now when the heat of summer hits, it will be a different story. :(
  • Clark, if 32 lbs. of crawfish isn't a big cook, then I don't know what is!! Salsa looks great, and the children are adorable.
  • FluffybFluffyb Posts: 1,815
    Beautiful family and pics Clark. Those babies are too cute. You can "stick" us with family picks anytime.
    Thanks, Faith.

I didn't cook the crawfish - the cafe is 6 miles form the house - too close! and it was only a little more than $1 difference in raw and cooked. The owners are true cajuns from deep in some Louisiana swamp. :ohmy: ;) :laugh:
    Thanks, Teresa. I don't do family shots too often, but we enjoyed having the long-distance grandson and parents visiting for the weekend!