Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Met Reelgem & Del

Options
Bordello
Bordello Posts: 5,926
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I had the pleasure of meeting Reelgem and her husband Del this last Friday. They were kind enough to drive out to the pub to meet Old Bordello and see if I was for real or not. A very nice couple indeed and it was my pleasure to meet and have lunch with them which they were so kind to treat me to. :)

Time seems to fly and they had to head out to take care of their four legged little one who was left behind. Poor little guy, bet he was glad to see them when they got home. I was going to see if they would adopt me but felt that may be a bit much for them. I'm hoping we can meet up again on their next trip out this way.

My thanks to Anne & Del, it was great to meet you and hope to see you again soon.

Del better keep a close eye on me as Anne gives great hugs. :woohoo:

Regards,
Bordello

IMAG01116.jpg

Comments

• Jerzee
    Jerzee Posts: 84
    Options
    What a photogenic trio! Always nice to hear of online friends met up with offline. :)
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    man it has been a long time since i had a update on them i hope they are well. thanks for the update ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Bordello
    Options
    Thanks fckvwls,
    I have only been lucky enough to meet a handful or so but as you said it very nice to meet in person.

Regards,
    Bordello
  • Bordello
    Options
    Bente I can assure you they seem to be just fine and Del is very lucky to have such a great Hugging Woman. :woohoo:

Hmmm,
    I keep this up and he won't bring her around again. :(

Cheers,
    Bordello
  • Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    Thanks, Bordello, for letting us know they are doing well. I know you had fun with them.
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    Thanks for the update Bob it's been close to a year since I heard from them. Glad everyone is good.
  • Bordello
    Options
    Hi Faith,
    Yes indeed, I really had wished they had more time but it wan not to be this time but were going to work on that. Well, at least I hope so. :laugh:

Have a great day,
    Bordello
  • Bordello
    Options
    I'm happy to have posted so all will know they are well.

Cheers,
    Bordello
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    I like this post Bob. It's nice to see you and It's nice to see Ann and Del.
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Options
    Mi amigo Bordello I agree 100%, They are one of the nicest couples here,certainly glad to hear from them, met them in Atlanta but never got a hug :laugh: :(
  • Bordello
    Options
    :)
    Thanks,
    I had fun with them and with posting the picture that they had one of my girls take with their phone camera.

Heck,
    With Anne's arm around me I was a happy camper. :silly:

Cheers,
    Bordello
  • Bordello
    Options
    :(
    Beli,
    I'm so sorry about the hug thing but if I'm lucky enough to see them again and Del is not watching to closely I'll try to get an extra one for ya.

That what friends are for. :lol: :silly: :whistle:

Cheers,
    Bordello
  • Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Options
    Glad you had a good time with Del and Reelgem, two great eggheads and the nicest couple as you know. Reelgem posted some great cooks, she knows her stuff and they also are a proud owner of one of my egg tables.
    Hope to see them again at an eggfest.
    Thanks for sharing Bordello!
    Have a great day.
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Great picture.
    Glad you were able to sneak in a lunch with the Packers.
    We sure miss them down here in the south.
    Looks like we will have to make a road trip north.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Misippi Egger
    Misippi Egger Posts: 5,095
    Options
    I have been worrying about them, as neither has posted in several months!

They look good, and I'm glad to see they are alive and kickin'!

Thanks, Bordello !!! :woohoo: :woohoo:
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    ah ha! So you are in fact now selling your finely crafted tables! Are two planning on Oswego in a couple weeks? I have an unavoidable conflict.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    This pix from 2009 was what your first mini table?
    IMG_2834.jpg
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Bordello
    Options
    A very nice looking table indeed. He does nice work.

Cheers,
    Bordello
  • Fluffyb
    Fluffyb Posts: 1,815
    Options
    So good to see you all and hear that you had a great time. Miss Anne's posts and have wondered about them. About time you're in a picture!
  • Bordello
    Options
    Have to agree with ya Clay and I will be sure to ask them about the table the next time we hook up.

Regards,
    Bordello
  • Bordello
    Options
    Can't refuse a womans arm around me even if there is a camera pointing my direction. I just hope their phone is still working. :whistle:

Regards,
    Bordello
  • reelgem
    reelgem Posts: 4,256
    Options
    Bob,
    Del and I really enjoyed meeting the infamous "Bordello" at the "Pub", which was beautiful. Not at all like we had expected. We had a great time visiting with you and you were a most kind and gracious host. We also got to meet Lindsay (one of Bob's girl's):) She is a sweetheart and a very pretty girl.
    We also got to meet alot of your other friends and talk with them and we all concluded you're one great guy. You're just one of those guys that would be there anytime, anywhere if someone needed you. We will definitely keep in touch and give you a call next time we're in town.
  • reelgem
    Options
    We haven't forgot you TB. We have a memeorable photo of you from 2008. You're the only person we know that can literally smoke a t-bone. :)

DSC01962-2.jpg
  • reelgem
    Options
    Clay, Del and I had a great time up at your shop. It was soooo interesting. We really learned alot. I've been meaning to post the pictures of my mini table you made me. It's just gorgeous and we get so many compliments on it. I don't have the pictures with me on this computer but as soon as we get back to Milwaukee I will post them. It it definitely the most beautiful mini table you've made to date.....unless you've got one you're taking the FL fest that tops it. I'll have to check out the pictures from the fest. Wish we could be there.
  • hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    Options
    Are you two coming to OKC?
  • reelgem
    Options
    Darian, we miss you and Lora too. Thanks for the great picture you sent of both of you and your egg family. Beautiful job on the new cooking area you built. You'll either have to come to AZ or WI one of these days to visit us.
  • reelgem
    Options
    Fluffy, you would've enjoyed meeting Bordello. He's a great guy and kept us laughing. We'll have to get him to an Eggfest one of these days. :)
  • reelgem
    Options
    Unfortunately we won't be able to be there but I think DOW will do a pretty good job of shakin' up Margarita's at the after, the after party. :)
  • reelgem
    Options
    Faith, if you come up to Milwaukee this summer to visit your mom please give us a call. Would love to see you.
  • hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    Options
    Aww.. :( But here's a question for you. Where in the heck did you get your black gloves? :huh: