Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dinner turned out great despite the days troubles.

wkygriller
wkygriller Posts: 408
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
The day did not start out real good. The wife mowed the back yard with the self prop mower in less than an hour. In the mean time I was was trying to get the JD zero to mow 12 acres :angry:. Eight hours later I realized that I was not going to mow anything (since the dealer closed @ noon) and dinner had not been started.
Started out with a quick salad.
Tomatoes were ok, but everything else was good (evoo, basil, fresh mozz, garlic s&p)
102_4942.jpg
Threw on a couple of filets from the freezer (her favorite cut)
102_4943.jpg
Grilled pineapple with DP pineapple head. Note...not my plate. She has a thing for milk :ermm:
102_4946.jpg
Dinner was saved and tomorrow is a new day that wont include mowing.

Comments

• cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Looks good Richard. Better day tomorrow. ;)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    You ate good and you'll mow later. Unless you want me to come over and mow. I have a 2010 33/60 Dixie Chopper that will get the job done. ;)
  • wkygriller
    Thanks Molly. I will be doing ribs tomorrow and not mowing. will have the whole day to concentrate on the eggs. Should be interesting :whistle:
  • wkygriller
    Tim, Thanks for the offer. I have a 2009 JD 737 23/60. After talking to a friend who has the same Kawasaki engine we think it is one of the plugs. Will try to fix in the am. I did eat good after the wife made me eat crow ($600 mower that works and an $8000 mower that doesn't :angry::angry: )
  • 2Fategghead
    Wish you well. ;)

What self prop mower you got Honda? :huh:
  • wkygriller
    Tim, Its a Snapper nxt. Great mower for her. Push button start and different speed levels. It a couple years old and never a problem.
  • Gator Bait
    Gator Bait Posts: 5,244

Great looking meal Richard, the mowing can wait for a dinner like that! :)

Blair

• Mr Holloway
    Mr Holloway Posts: 2,034
    A meal like that will make you forget the days problems :)

Shane
  • 2Fategghead
    I have a friend who is in the commercial biz like me who prefers the high end Honda self prop but it may be push mower. They are $600. plus.
  • wkygriller
    I don't mow commercially. We own 92 acres (50 acres are leased to a local farmer) so there is always something that needs to be mowed that the bush hog can't get to. That is why I have the 737. The push mower is for our fenced in area in the back for the dogs 60'x80' so the snapper is perfect. I typically do not buy Briggs, but this one came with a great warranty and she loves it. Anything that has the Honda name plate on it is top notch, but like anything else it come at top dollar.
  • Fluffyb
    Fluffyb Posts: 1,815
    Looks great Richard. Makes me glad we have rocks and not grass! Miss the green but not the mowing. Hope you are enjoying cooking the ribs.
  • wkygriller
    Teresa,
    I love the grass when everything runs as planned. Today like yesterday didn't happen that way. The ribs didn't make it past the fridge due to severe winds and more mower issues :angry:. I threw on a couple of split breasts with tsunami spin direct and rosemary new spuds.
    sorry no pics :blush:. Will do the ribs tomorrow with pics :woohoo: