Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Looking forward to a delicious Christmas dinner? Keep our Holiday Entertaining Publication handy throughout December for all your holiday dinner needs. But you can also find some of our favorites on our Country Christmas page, including Christmas Ham and Peach Cobbler. Happy cooking!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Flank Steak results............

HossHoss Posts: 14,587
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
LESS than impressive.It was O.K. but I think I'll make fajitas outta the rest of em.
Marinated it in a Hoover sauce(thanks Clark),garilc,onion fresh flatleaf parsely,Wishbone Italian,lemon,orange concoction.
100_3981.jpg
Grilled it at about 500-550 dome, regular grid height for 5 mins per side on the CI grid.Got a LITTLE too done for me.Thermapen said 130-140 throughout.Rested for 10 minutes and sliced.It had a good flavor but was not as tender as I like steak to be.I think it would make GREAT fajitas.
100_3984.jpg
100_3985.jpg
Egged some finglering potatos in bacon grease(thanks for the idea Susan) and butter with S/P and a few fresh rosemary leaves sprinkled in. served with storebought egged Texas Toast.Not my best cook but certainly not my worst.Next time I may try pounding flat,stuffing,rolling it up for pinwheels and see how that turns out.
100_3982.jpg
100_3983.jpg
100_3986.jpg

Comments