Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE Newbie

Options
Wiscomo
Wiscomo Posts: 1
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Started a Brisket at 4:30 this morning. So far everything looks great. I learned quickly about burping the egg. My left arm is a bit hairless. I couldn't believe how fast the temp rose. My question is, I'd like to have some of the brisket tonight, it's just my wife and I. Tommorow we're going to take the rest to my son's apartment, should I slice all the brisket or only what we want tonight. How should I reheat tomorrow so the brisket doesn't dry out.

Comments

• 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    Wiscomo, Welcome to the forum. :)

I don't smoke brisket very often but, I would think you could slice off what you plan to eat then later slice more off and reheat. If you have a food saver you could store 2 or 4 slices per package. Then reheat in a pot of water or microwave. I say some others may chime in and have a better idea than me but, that's how I reheat shredded pork.
  • Brokersmoker
    Options
    I always slice it all prior to storing. I also keep all of the natural Aus Jus and when I reheat normally in the microwave, I also rehaet the aus jus and dip each piece in it. I can hardly tell the differecnce between 1st and 2nd or 3rd meals. Hope this helps.