Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

PING: AZRP

Options
Misippi Egger
Misippi Egger Posts: 5,095
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I sent an email earlier through the Forum.

Just checking to be sure you got it.

Comments

• AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    I didn't get it Clark, can you resend it? -RP
  • Misippi Egger
    Options
    Forum email seems to be intermittent.

I made some of your Fire-roasted salsa yesterday and it was great. The family, though, thinks it is a little too hot for them. I did NOT remove the seeds or membranes from the peppers before pureeing. I all the veggies steam under foil for an hour or so (got distracted) and the onion was very soft and sweet - more like a baked onion than a crunchy, raw one.

I did add the juice form a second lime after tasting, to try to ease the heat a little.

Suggestions to cool it a bit? Remove the seeds? Only one serrano instead of two, but leave the seeds? Do you get your onion soft, or leave a little crunchy?

Sorry for all the questions, but this is my first time to make a salsa and it really is good! Will probably make another batch this afternoon, since the kids, grandkids and some friends are coming over to suck down some crawdads!

Thanks,

(clark123@me.com)
  • AZRP
    Options
    My onion was fairly soft and sweet smelling. I left the seeds in the peppers but removed them from the tomatoes. As far as the heat goes, it mellows out after a day in the fridge. If it is still too hot just add more tomatoes. -RP
  • Misippi Egger
    Options
    Thanks. It was slightly less hot today - in fact - it is all gone now !

Gonna make another batch this afternoon - might just increase the tomatoes to 8.
    Fun to experiment.
    Thanks for posting the original post and giving me something to 'play with'. :)

32# of cooked crawfish (plus fixin's) ordered for dinner tonight. :woohoo: :woohoo:
  • AZRP
    Options
    One other thing is I don't steam the veggies. I'm trying to blacken them to get that smokey slightly burned flavor. -RP
  • Misippi Egger
    Options
    I think I mis-spoke. I was referring to covering them in a foil pan AFTER charring them on the Egg. While they cooled, before pulling the skins off. I got distracted and left them covered for an hour or so. May not have made a difference, though.

Thanks again !