Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I'm No Longer EGGless

Options
jkinzel
jkinzel Posts: 21
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Thursday at about 5 PM I picked up my Egg and this morning I put it together.
As you can see on the left side of this picture, I was being carefully supervised by my Boss.
TheBoss.jpg
It rained all day except for about half an hour in the morning so I could plant some Blue Berry plants and again mid day when I rolled the table out for some pictures.
Egg2.jpg
Egg1.jpg
Bands spaced equal distance from the felt seam and the bolts good and tight.
Bands.jpg
We'll have to wait for the weekend for the first cook, it's cold, rainy and we have lots of really good left over's, but fear not, I'll post something soon.

Comments

• Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    Is that a crack in the firebox? :huh: Looks like you did a good job on the assembly.Now,get it Dirty and GREASEY!!! ;)
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    Super Congrats on your life changing acquisition!
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    Pretty sure that is an expansion joint they've begun cutting into the firebox to keep them from breaking so much or so quickly. I haven't heard any results.
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    Great job on the build. :)

Have a great first cook. :)
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Options
    Congrats on the best food related purchase you will ever make ;)
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,889
    Options
    Welcome aboard! Only problem is - especially with you in a wet climate - is you need to use the 3 little feet to separate the BGE bottom from that "stone". Trust me!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    Gotit! Thanks. :)
  • Desert Oasis Woman
    Options
    hip, hip, HOORAY!!!
    so when are you getting #2 :whistle:
  • jkinzel
    jkinzel Posts: 21
    Options
    I have then and I will put them in place. What untold disasters happen without them?
  • wallyjar
    wallyjar Posts: 123
    Options
    I am jealous. I have to wait till 4-9-2011 to pick up my large BGE
  • elzbth
    elzbth Posts: 2,075
    Options
    Welcome to the forum - prepare yourself for an eggsperience that will amaze you often! I hope you enjoy your egg as much as I enjoy mine. ;)
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Options
    Congratulations on the new addition. Such a fine home you provided your egg. Here is to many great cooks. ;)
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • Grumps
    Grumps Posts: 186
    Options
    You are in for a treat! Just remember, it is okay not to cook every meal on the BGE as long as you contemplate how much better any meal not cooked on the BGE would have been. You should also begin trying to decide which rub in your soon-to-be-overflowing spice cabinet (my wife gave me the cabinet above the refrigerator since she can't reach it) would taste best with EVERYTHING you taste. You think I joking, but your life will never be quite the same.
  • lowercasebill
    lowercasebill Posts: 5,218
    Options
    enough heat transfer thru the stone to char or set your table on fire.. little feet elimintes the problem
    section 3 line 2 of the big green egg manual states that all egg tables must have attached at least one adult beverage opening device :laugh:
  • 'Q Bruddah
    'Q Bruddah Posts: 739
    Options
    jkinzel, Welcome to the world of culinary delight. I am just up the road from you in Mountlake Terrace, WA. Hope to meet you at "Smokin' in Seattle" June 11. I am just celebrating a year of egging, it has been wonderful.

All the best to you. This forum is a great place to get all your questions answered. Many questions have several answers and you will be able to pick the one you like best and incorporate it into how YOU egg.