Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Eggs by the Bay Question

Dimple's Mom
Dimple's Mom Posts: 1,740
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I want to bring my 10yo niece with me to Eggs by the Bay this year. I know each fest is different in atmosphere and having not been to this one before, I'm wondering if this is a 'kid-friendly' fest.

Would I be able to bring her to the before and after parties? She is very mature for her age and relates well to adults most of the time. I don't really drink a lot, so that won't be an issue (me getting wasted and not being able to watch her).

But, for instance, if the Meet N Greet on Friday is held in a 21&over only bar, then I wouldn't be able to bring her to that part, so am just wondering.

Comments

• Morro Bay Rich
    Morro Bay Rich Posts: 2,227
    Gwen,

A couple of years ago, my 8 yr old grandson came and helped me cook. The next year, when he was supposed to be helping me, he disappeared and I later found out Lucky Duck had taken him under his wing and was training him to be a pizza Egger. He cooked pizzas all day.

The Meet-n-Greet is kid-friendly.
  • Chubby
    Chubby Posts: 2,955
    Talk to Smitty for the 2011 details...but kids, (especially well behaved..lol) have always been welcome!

The debauchery that is "ledgendary" at some Fests has never really been the focus of this event!

Heck..,Morrow Bay Rich has always brings his Grandkids..,(who cook right along with the Adults)...if that gives you any guidance.

As far as "people who just have to act like kids"...we'll, they let me in...soooo!!! lmao!!

Evans
    I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • Hello Gwen,

I think you will find our group very civilized.

We do not hold the Meet n Greet in a Bar.

I don't think you have anything to worry about.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• Dimple's Mom
    Dimple's Mom Posts: 1,740
    I wasn't really worried - just wondering about the atmosphere of this fest. Sounds very much like this is typical of most of the fests I've enjoyed reading about where kids are welcomed.

Rich, I hope you bring your grandson this year. It sounds like he's the same age as my niece. I'll have to have a little talk with her about the importance of hooking up with a man who likes to cook. It's never too young to learn the important traits in a man. :ohmy:

Boy, I can't wait to get down there and enjoy 1, some sunshine and 2, some good mexican food and margaritas!
  • Morro Bay Rich
    Morro Bay Rich Posts: 2,227
    Gwen,
    Unfortunately my grandsons live in NC and only gets to come out occasionally and this is not one of those years. :(