Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pizza Pizza

Options
Retired RailRoader
Retired RailRoader Posts: 975
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Pizza1.jpg
<p />Tonight was Pizza night. I made my own Marinara Sauce (just what any self respecting Italian would do) but I did cheat by buying the pizza dough. I made 2 pizzas. The first one with red onions and plenty of mozzarella and a little locatelli cheese. The second one just had plenty of mozzarella and a little locatelli cheese. Even though they were delicious the next time out I will make them with some pepperoni and sausage but since tonight is a Friday during Lent I just plain got out voted (you know the drill no meat on Friday during Lent). Anyway thanks to all that read my ramblings.[p]Pizza3.jpg[p]
Pizza2.jpg

Everyday is Saturday and tomorrow is always Sunday.

Comments

• Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    Retired RailRoader,
    Those look great, now give us the low-down please. What temp and how much time worked for you??? Do you have a peel to use or????[p]Thanks,
    New Bob

• Retired RailRoader
    Options
    New Bob,
    I preheated the egg with the plate setter and pizza stone to 525 deg. I had the egg at 525 deg. for about 30 minutes with the plate setter feet down and the pizza stone on top. I sprinkeled a little corn meal on the stone right before I put the pizza on the stone. I turned the pizza about about 1/3 around every 4 minutes for a total cook time of 12 min. I had a thick crust as I used the entire dough from a local pizza shop for the 14" stone. Both my wife and I like a thick crust pizza. I do have a pizza peel nothing fancy though. I found a decent one at a William-Sonoma outlet store for $15.00. I hope this helps.

• Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    Retired Railroader ,
    Great, sounds like you're right in with the rest of what I have been reading for a pizza cook. Hope you had some wine with that there meal. LOL[p]Regards,
    New Bob

• Good Eats
    Options
    Retired RailRoader,
    Pizza looks great... you're off to a great start with your EGG and it looks like everything is turning out as EGGSpected... the batteries in the first pic. must be from the camera... I know you're giving it a workout too. Keep it up.

• Trouble
    Trouble Posts: 276
    Options
    Retired Railroader ,
    Man, you're just jumping right in and doing great. All those questions are paying off...beautiful pics, beautiful food.[p]So, you're about one week in now, right? Isn't it unbelievably great? So much to look forward to. I just purchased a Lodge cast iron Dutch oven to wander into that realm of the egg universe. It goes on and on...

• Bobby-Q
    Bobby-Q Posts: 1,994
    Options
    Retired RailRoader,
    You keep up with all this good Italian advice and Max is gonna get jealous, regardless, between the 2 of you we're all sure to gain extra pounds.[p]
    Great looking pie there.

• Eggecutioner
    Options
    Retired RailRoader,
    Don't you just love that warm red glow from an egg!! I'm gonna do pizza on sun. Hope mine turns out as well as yours.[p]J

• Retired RailRoader
    Options
    Trouble,
    I to am looking for a Lodge cast iron Dutch oven but I can not find one in my area. Who would have thought that buying a BGE was only the start of having to buy all the rest of the toys.
    You are quite right when you said "It goes on and on..."