Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost Halloween and if you’re cooking on your EGG, you may end up with more people knocking on your door asking for pork chops than candy! In case you’re willing to share and want to please a crowd, we recommend warm Margherita Pizza, FGL’s Lemon Pepper Wings or our favorite, S’mores in a Cone!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here Fall is upon us, and it's a great time for getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Two Tier Table Design

madcooksmadcooks Posts: 11
edited November -1 in EGG Table Forum
All,
New here and bought an XL yesterday w/o the Nest so I need to build a table for it. What I don't understand is why everybody seems to build them with a hole cut into the top of the table. Is there a functional reason for this that I haven't piked up on?

I was going to upload a PowerPoint version of what I have in mind but haven't ever done a Photobucket type picture hosting thing before so I'll need to try and describe it.

I was thinking about basically having a six leg table. The two far left legs of the table would be short and the right two sets would be tall. Where everybody has two levels on their tables now I would just have the lower shelf on the left side which the egg would sit. This lower shelf would span all three sets of legs and be the full width of the table. The top of the table would be even with the opening of the egg and span the two tall sets of legs. This would also eliminate the need to try and lower the heavy XL egg down through a hole in the table.

How on earth does everybody lower the XL egg into a hole on the table?

Thanks,
Dave

Comments